Rian Johnson to write and direct a new trilogy of films.. (Star Wars Universe)

I think people are showing their anger and frustration towards the film not because ‘ he didn’t care about the fans ‘ , but because he ‘ didn’t seem to care about what came before in the OT and TFA ‘ . He was responsible for the 2nd film in the final (?) Skywalker Saga / Trilogy right ? . He’s been offered the next Trilogy , with the freedom to take it anywhere he wants to in the Star Wars universe . So why’d he have to damage aspects of the saga that many held / hold in such high regard ?

And regarding GL - people could argue that since he owned and developed the concept of Star Wars , he had pretty much every right to do as he pleased - rightly or wrongly . When RJ develops a franchise from scratch , then the same would apply .

Well, his trilogy isn't 10-12 it's something supposedly completely disconnected from 1-9. The initial implication is it's another part of galaxy during an existing trilogy which would be kind of dumb.

But outside of that no one knows what it's going to cover or be set at this point. And that likely includes RJ.

The size/scope of the existing three trilogies is 10/10 on the epic scale. It has been chock-full of huge battles, empires rising & falling, religions getting their once-in-1000-years messiahs, etc.

I think Disney would be wise to aim a little lower with the next trilogy. There is a long way down to go before it seems "small" and any new trilogy needs to do some things different from the past.

Makes more sense to me to have one writer for a trilogy than what's going on with the current one, and I like The Last Jedi. My worry is that the next one will just ignore the whole Rey Obi-Wan flashback weird cloud city thing and it'll end up like with LOST with no resolution to it. I'm actually looking forward to this trilogy.

Makes more sense to me to have one writer for a trilogy than what's going on with the current one, and I like The Last Jedi. My worry is that the next one will just ignore the whole Rey Obi-Wan flashback weird cloud city thing and it'll end up like with LOST with no resolution to it. I'm actually looking forward to this trilogy.
I'm not sure what resolution would be needed for Rey's vision. It was just a vision indicating that she was strong with the Force - we heard from many Force strong characters during that vision and it was just to help push her towards her path.

If that rumor is true, jar jar can't come back if it's 1000's of years in the past. I guess it could be his great^20 grandfather, but that's about it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back