Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

So I've decided to convert my PG Falcon into the TLJ version, including adding the rectangular dish, front gear boxes, and TFA extra piping. I'm also going to open up the escape pod bay in the back underside gear box and, for that extra touch of authenticity, rework the upper jawbox to be more accurate and chunky to the way the Falcon looks parked on Ahch-To. I just think it behooves all of us to honor the filmmakers' intent and present the Falcon as it really is.
05-the-last-jedi-bts-trailer.jpg

JK. My soul is so crushed from TLJ that all I have left is snark.

Save yourself some time and snag one of these. Looks pretty close.
592e6e06d3c25495893aea43c9ec01ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I've decided to convert my PG Falcon into the TLJ version, including adding the rectangular dish, front gear boxes, and TFA extra piping. I'm also going to open up the escape pod bay in the back underside gear box and, for that extra touch of authenticity, rework the upper jawbox to be more accurate and chunky to the way the Falcon looks parked on Ahch-To. I just think it behooves all of us to honor the filmmakers' intent and present the Falcon as it really is.
View attachment 781124

JK. My soul is so crushed from TLJ that all I have left is snark.

It certainly is an improvement,....I'm just disappointed that the Falcon wasn't shot down at the end of the film.....Chewie & the Porks die....but Rey jumps out the top hatch to go & move some rocks....:p

J

I'm just waiting for all the whinging when the "Solo" iteration of the Falcon is revealed!

For the last year or two I've been looking forward to seeing the Falcon firsthand at Disneyland/WDW, but now I'm worried they'll stick that POS in one of the parks.

For the last year or two I've been looking forward to seeing the Falcon firsthand at Disneyland/WDW, but now I'm worried they'll stick that POS in one of the parks.
Oh you know it!

when I first saw this pic I thought it still was unfinished.... but nope...
View attachment 781188

The f--- I saw this photo months ago and assumed it was something a fan built in their backyard! :sick Good Lord... you KNOW Disney used the same prop for Solo. They would've had to. They're not going to build 2 full-size sets of the same ship on back to back movies. I mean, maybe -- MAYBE -- they modified it to be the three gear version, but... BLEECK!!! This set is a hate crime. This is practically taunting fans. I don't remember the TFA version being this bad.

I need a palate cleanser...

1979mpc falcon boxlid.jpg
Ahhhh. That's the stuff...

Messing around tonight doing some side by side and overlays to compare the overall shape of this Falcon and I'm truly blown away! And I did not stretch or distort the images in any way to line them up. I mean if I could set up my camera at exactly the same angle as the original, I bet they would line up perfectly. Looking at the jaw box of the original, you can see that the photo was taken off center to the upper right.
c3259db20afe9d9cfc41fc9d211e754a.jpg
eec04375f32929a10f42e872991a6f5a.gif

Last edited:

Messing around tonight doing some side by side and overlays to compare the overall shape of this Falcon and I'm truly blown away! And I did not stretch or distort the images in any way to line them up. I mean if I could set up my camera at exactly the same angle as the original, I bet they would line up perfectly. Looking at the jaw box of the original, you can see that the photo was taken off center to the upper right. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/c3259db20afe9d9cfc41fc9d211e754a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/eec04375f32929a10f42e872991a6f5a.gif

They 3D scanned the original 5ft miniature and then built their CAD model using the 3d scan model as reference to check against. Of course it's perfect. :)

They 3D scanned the original 5ft miniature and then built their CAD model using the 3d scan model as reference to check against. Of course it's perfect. :)
Yes, but sometimes you have to see it to believe it. Still in shock!

It's almost as if someone said "get it to ~90% and we can touch it up with CG"

That is the very worst angle. I can't believe they used it more than once in the film.

Messing around tonight doing some side by side and overlays to compare the overall shape of this Falcon and I'm truly blown away! And I did not stretch or distort the images in any way to line them up. I mean if I could set up my camera at exactly the same angle as the original, I bet they would line up perfectly. Looking at the jaw box of the original, you can see that the photo was taken off center to the upper right. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/c3259db20afe9d9cfc41fc9d211e754a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/eec04375f32929a10f42e872991a6f5a.gif

Phenomenal Mike......just jaw dropping work

John

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost as if someone said "get it to ~90% and we can touch it up with CG"

That is the very worst angle. I can't believe they used it more than once in the film.

The same set....(although unfinished on the port side) was used in TFA....but they touched it up with CG

In this film they just don't give a damn

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back