Han in Carbonite--finally finished

toothboy

I started this project 7 years ago...it was my first "real" prop building endeavor. I used Stormrider's full face rubber casting and just built a box of roughly acceptable proportions (though in no way accurate) out of wood from Lowe's. Never made any side panels. After its inaccuracy and incompleteness slowly ate away at my soul over the years :) I finally decided to start over when we moved into our new house.

So early this summer I got Zenix's box kit (awesome), a set of panel castings and greeblies and got to work. I dismantled my original and started from scratch. 2 kids under 5 means little to no progress shots. Nothing revolutionary there, though, I just followed the many awesome threads (QCWolf, etc.) that documented it way better than I could. Still have a few minor details to complete--paint touchups, detail painting, weathering, but it's about 99% done.

Hope you like it and if you have any questions I'll gladly answer them.

hic6.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

hic1.jpg

hic2.jpg

hic5.jpg

hic4.jpg

hic3.jpg

I love the paint job and lights!! This is is something I’ve been dying to do and next on my list

I think you matched the texture and weathering perfectly! Seriously real nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome job. The paint is spot on! But one thing you might want to fix is that your hero panel is on the wrong side. Hopefully an easy swap out.
Ya also panel 2 is where panel 6 should be. You might have them all reversed from right to left side

I'm betting he got them reversed on purpose due to the way it's located in the home theater! I've asked myself the same question, I enter the room on the opposite side to where they should be .. but then, my OCD kicked in and I couldn't put them on the wrong side so you gotta go around to see those wonderful lights!

Good job on this!! Looks very good!

I'm betting he got them reversed on purpose due to the way it's located in the home theater! I've asked myself the same question, I enter the room on the opposite side to where they should be .. but then, my OCD kicked in and I couldn't put them on the wrong side so you gotta go around to see those wonderful lights!

Good job on this!! Looks very good!

DING DING!!! Yes, I purposefully put it that way because it just wouldn't be seen on the other side. The completist in me resisted but I tried it both ways and this way definitely looks esthetically better. Hope it won't cause too much judgement!!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great point. I hadn't even considered it. Regardless, this is a quality build that he should be EXTREMELY proud of.

Thanks--couldn't have done it without your panels!!

DING DING!!! Yes, I purposefully put it that way because it just wouldn't be seen on the other side. The completist in me resisted but I tried it both ways and this way definitely looks esthetically better. Hope it won't cause too much judgement!!

See right there, you've already been judged for total inaccuracy! You definitely don't belong here, with us, among the .. RPF! :)

I love your display! You're one of the few that completed it! What an achievement!!

:thumbsup

See right there, you've already been judged for total inaccuracy! You definitely don't belong here, with us, among the .. RPF! :)

I love your display! You're one of the few that completed it! What an achievement!!

:thumbsup

Couldn't have done it without the guidance of so many others, including you! Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back