Millennium Falcon Decal ID Challenge (Part 2)

Well having done this dance a few times,.. looks like a red background with some kind of white letters/ numbers ???:cool

By the way I will be posting info on ordering BRAND NEW decal sets very soon. Just waiting on white decal background paper to show up.

Couldn't have done it with out ALL the help from every one involved on this board!

best regards,

hey leyrich and portland182...it would probably have to be more like this...

fix.jpg

(edited the image a little to reverse the colors)

Well, the ILMer's did like their license plates (I can see it now - '" Oooh! I got to get me some of that Michigan license plate, I do!"')

Regards, Robert

portland182...I haven't found any match yet but thought that this one almost seemed to line up with what you are seeing except it is the wrong colors, but it's possible it could be on a different kit with different colors...I will keep an eye out for one like this with red on white...who knows, we may find it yet!

close_match.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok portland182...I stared at for a few min...then I could see it! You could be right...I will start a search looking for a red on white plate too! Thanks for persisting...guess I'm a bit stubborn ;)

It's a bit like an optical illusion, once you are seeing it one way, it's hard to see it another way!

Jim

Dang! Amazing... the problem for me was the red 'smudge' to the right of the '7' that seems to be a horizontal stroke. White 'artifacts' are common, as they are from 'silvering' (air under the decal) but one that is red... must have been on the original. Also, the size analysis should help in determining the scale of the source kit (since 1/12, 1/25 & 1/32 scale kits were used...) which will help further tracking down the original donor.

Outstanding job, "guys".

Regards, Robert

@portland182...I haven't found any match yet but thought that this one almost seemed to line up with what you are seeing except it is the wrong colors, but it's possible it could be on a different kit with different colors...I will keep an eye out for one like this with red on white...who knows, we may find it yet!

View attachment 537127

Shane, I have another example of this (nearly) from a 'Transcon Trucking' sheet that has '12-270' on it, found from the eBay seller who makes replacement decal sheets. Don't know what kit it is from, but if we know the maker, then that helps narrow down the search to (say) 'AMT truck kit'..
R/ Robert

Leyrich has already identified this decal. Post #7.

I believe Tsophika has nailed it...

Although, Leyrich was very nearly correct in finding a match of the decal in question (in post #7), but that one couldn't have been a match for the main reason that the kit's decals are from a 2014 kit and it does not appear to have been around in the time period the falcon model was being built (must give credit for seeing the red lettering on white background, which took me a bit to adjust to seeing)...credit to all for the awesome detective skills!

@Robert...don't ya just love this forum, and all the great members here :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back