Iracel's Definitive Classic Spiderman

Thanks, guys. :p If only there were a way to shrink wrap spandex to your skin so you can really look like a comic hero.

So, I did all this muscle shading on the blue, but I did something different with the pattern. Instead of just laying it on, I contoured it to the shapes of the muscles. Perhaps it'll be more distinct, but I made the mapping a bit subtle, so maybe you can't tell. On the legs, especially the glutes, it should be way more obvious, with how large those muscles are versus the smaller more numerous muscles in the upper body.

And you can probably see the difference in blue parts between the blue seam lines. The black parts are tight hexagons while the lighter black that reflects blueish is bigger, elongated hexagons. This should add a huge slimming effect to the costume.

http://i.imgur.com/lz7BWqVl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7Mpbkljl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sDpUCCdl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JmPrNkGl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FLWPuuLl.jpg

Are there any other material that can be used to make arm webpits?

can you send me a link? can you explain a little more how you sized it and printed it please? was it neoprene rubber? how thick? sorry for so many questions ! :D

Dude. Come on. You asked me this before, and I noticed that you've been asking more threads on how to print and size the front spider. There's really no correct way to do this, because it really depends on how big you want it to be. Just download the file from Ken Landrum here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sNvgA37t6qQ3VsUXNJS3RyTWM/edit?usp=sharing and maybe just use microsoft word to resize it to how big you want it to be, if it looks just right to you. Then print it onto paper, carefully cut the spider out, and stick it to the urethane sheet with tape or some non permanent adhesive. Then you cut along the spider you cut out earlier from paper. Clean the edges a bit and you're done.

Great thanks , that's all you had to say in your thread then . I thought this forum was to get help not to be shut down by stuck up members that think thy are the **** . Thanks for info though DUDE.
I noticed a lot of members on this forum aren't very helpful. It's unfortunate , but it's ok. Maybe I'll start a friendly forum!

Cigs , just a heads up man, those type of questions are best suited in PMs as the thread gets clogged because a lot of new members ask nearly the same things, I've known a many forums these past years, and this is one of the friendliest and helpful community I had the pleasure working with. As the community and cosplaying is getting more popular, naturally the amount of new members increase, and with that can come the same attitude of members who had been in rougher forums than therpf, naturally expecting the same treatment here. Given time, new members will see that this is a very unique forum to be a part of. Honestly, I can say from experience that there are immensely talented and humble people on the board, more so than newish members who don't really get how the forum functions yet. It'll come though.

I'd be happy to help you out on some starter questions, just send me a PM, though it is preferred that new members do a bit of research on their own on the various build threads on the forum and study the techniques, and then, if you are still stuck at any question, I'm sure people here are willing to lend a hand man.

As I said, if you have any questions regarding to costuming, just hit me up via PM

Mystery

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thanks , that's all you had to say in your thread then . I thought this forum was to get help not to be shut down by stuck up members that think thy are the **** . Thanks for info though DUDE.
I noticed a lot of members on this forum aren't very helpful. It's unfortunate , but it's ok. Maybe I'll start a friendly forum!

Well there IS a search bar too. And that's basically what I said in my thread. Just a more extremely specific version here (with unneeded details).

just a heads up man, those type of questions are best suited in PMs as the thread gets clogged because a lot of new members ask nearly the same things, I've known a many forums these past years, and this is one of the friendliest and helpful community I had the pleasure working with. As the community and cosplaying is getting more popular, naturally the amount of new members increase, and with that can come the same attitude of members who had been in rougher forums than therpf, naturally expecting the same treatment here. Given time, new members will see that this is a very unique forum to be a part of. Honestly, I can say from experience that there are immensely talented and humble people on the board, more so than newish members who don't really get how the forum functions yet. It'll come though.

I agree. This is one of the friendliest communities out there for costume/prop making. People here are extremely helpful, unless you're doing something wrong (recasting, stolen prints, etc.) While I have only been a member since March of 2015, I have been visiting this site since 2013 as a non-member.

I'd be happy to help you out on some starter questions, just send me a PM, though it is preferred that new members do a bit of research on their own on the various build threads on the forum and study the techniques, and then, if you are still stuck at any question, I'm sure people here are willing to lend a hand man.

This maybe the better way to go about asking your questions, sending PMs to experienced/professional RPFers. Not trying to be rude, but just trying to help. Otherwise you could get banned for spamming/trolling, which I'm not saying you're doing, but it could happen if somebody reports you.

Iracel did you try sieving the paint through a sieve? That might hold the chunks in your mixture and you'd have a smoother paint. Those eyes look great man

And for some reason, I didn't think of that. thank you. xD I'll most certainly remember this for the future.

I just got it from Amazon for $10. It's usally $18.

can you send me a link? can you explain a little more how you sized it and printed it please? was it neoprene rubber? how thick? sorry for so many questions ! :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MAEWIO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Theres the link. All your other questions are answered on that page. I just drew out the spider and then traced it and cut it out.

CONVENTION IS TOMORROW AND I HAVE TOO MUCH TO DO. But I will finish. I'm very excited about the boots for example. I have these nice slip on shoes I wore the poop out of, and after I got new ones I decided to try taking these apart. After a bit of research, I found out I can use my heat gun (good thing I had one) to heat up the glue holding the sole to the shoe and peel it off. After much struggling and listening to the Enders game soundtrack to inspire me, I did it. And now, here are the results so far.

sotIrHFl.jpg

I used to just put the soles of aqua shoes on the costume, but this allows me to run, jump, and just do much more. Shame I just figured it out.

Here's the mask as it is being painted.

oPeBw2Vl.jpg

Right now my main concern is the eyes are too close together. I may try to cut down the inner frames, but after they're glued down the fabric it will look black and strange. We'll see. Got a lot to do tonight. painting the neck and arm of the costume. More of the legs. A magnet wristband for the webshooters. AND all the seam lines, which I may not be able to finish because I don't have enough thread. D: uh oh.

Awesome guys thank you for the advice , I just felt frustrated no one was answering any questions . But your right those questions are best suited as pms. I am aware of the search bar lol, I've Been using it an can't seem to find the exact answer I want . I've been part of other forums as well. And I know people get frustrated when the same questions are asked over and over . But I couldn't find any of the answered I needed in here or even google lol. Again thanks for your patience with me . Bad ass suit iracel .

Well, the convention was his weekend. I didn't even wear the costume on friday and stayed up all night in the room working on it. Although it's not entirely done (More drawing. embroidery lines. Putting zippers in the boots. Decorating the palms of the gloves. finding a way to keep them and the boots up. Fixing the soles a bit because I had to use hot glue in a pinch. Drilling small holes in the lenses to completely prevent them from fogging up.) But GUYS. Oh my gosh, GUYS. It was amazing. I got a photoshoot with my videographer friends during the day. I was standing on a building and everything so even all the passerbys took pictures of me too. :p Even got some video. BUT WAIT, THERES MORE.A photographer was driving and just pulled over hard to talk to me, saying he wanted to do a night time photoshoot in an abandoned parking garage. I was a bit skep, but I brought a friend. It ended up being awesome. I was 11 stories up balancing on beams and edges, trying not to die, doing poses and jumping. xD It was dope. So, pictures will be coming out for quite a while, but here are a few now.
You can follow me on instagram @Theultimatechase to see all of them.

qLkwroYl.jpg

Again, if I fell. I'd be dead. Dedication

I3EG4Vvl.jpg

vxE3b15l.jpg

Attachments

• qLkwroYl.jpg
    qLkwroYl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 81
  • qLkwroYl.jpg
    qLkwroYl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 91
  • qLkwroYl.jpg
    qLkwroYl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 77
  • qLkwroYl.jpg
    qLkwroYl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 91
  • qLkwroYl.jpg
    qLkwroYl.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 75
  • I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 84
  • I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 92
  • I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 92
  • I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 87
  • I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    I3EG4Vvl.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 97
  • vxE3b15l.jpg
    vxE3b15l.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 94
  • vxE3b15l.jpg
    vxE3b15l.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 81
  • vxE3b15l.jpg
    vxE3b15l.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 82
  • vxE3b15l.jpg
    vxE3b15l.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 90
  • vxE3b15l.jpg
    vxE3b15l.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
jGjs84ll.jpg

K6gH7fOl.jpg

Ayy more pictures. I'm also in a cosplay video and we even did a skit. The cosplay video is only on youtube, and the skit is on facebook. But i think the skit will be on youtube soon.

For some reason, I can't find any pictures of me just standing in the suit except for this one. :p I apologize for that.

MJOuPmcl.png

X1PkDCCl.jpg

Now, it's time for me to reveal in some other existing thread of mine a remake of a pretty popular costume I'm doing. Thanks for looking at this thread, guys. :D

This build is AWESOME! Did you use puff paint or screen printing? Btw I'd really like to see what a classic symbiote suit of yours would looks like .

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back