Fullcock Blade Runner Blaster

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
So I figured I'd start a seperate thread on my Fullcock Blade Runner squirt gun. What are my plans? It will have working red and green LEDs, a complete paint job, hopefully resin cast amber grips, a removable magazine housing the battery, hinged trigger, and quite possibly sounds and and muzzle flash. Some of this will depend on my budget though.

The first step is taking the gun apart. I started by rocking an Xacto blade back and forth over the pins. I then used a small flat head screwdriver to pry the parts apart. While the grips came off easily, the body was a different story. It was glued really really well, especially around the water chamber. There was some plastic casualties but nothing a modeler can't fix!

The pictures explain the process and show where I currently am. Stay tuned for more updates as progress continues.

And again thanks go out to 829Japan for securing for me this fantastic squirt gun!

Attachments

• 0916171628.jpg
    0916171628.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 520
  • 0917171019.jpg
    0917171019.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 489
  • 0917171033.jpg
    0917171033.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 435
  • 0917171036.jpg
    0917171036.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 0917171128a.jpg
    0917171128a.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 0917171437.jpg
    0917171437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 456
  • 0917171437a.jpg
    0917171437a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Re: Elfin-Knights Blade Runner Blaster

G'day mate ,

Just subbed . Looking forward to your build ( hoping to learn things along the way ! ) . Best of luck .

Ged

- - - Updated - - -

Shoot , that the time ? Gotta hit the sack

I used the orange barrel piece as the new lower barrel. I used my trusty Dremel with a sanding drum and removed material until the Orange plug fit. I did it this way instead of trimming the orange plug as I I had more control over holding the body of the gun.

Attachments

• 0917171544a.jpg
    0917171544a.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 307
  • 0917171544b.jpg
    0917171544b.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 286

Just ordered the front bolt greeblie made for us by avagoyamug on Shapeways.

I stared at it for a long time figuring the best way to remove it. I used a small ball grinder in my Dremel to thin the plastic from behind where the LEDs are. For the front area of the mag I just used a razor saw. Now I just need to build up a box out of sheet styrene and install the LEDs.

I decided not to try and separate the trigger guard as mine was glued soo well! I just cut it off and will reattach it near the end.

Fullcock ! Ya know, just so people don't confuse it for a Takagi. Nice work so far.

Just did some research. The first Takagi blaster (circa 2014) was a PFC cap gun utilizing two(!) 7mm caps in each cartreidge. Then the "static" model which apparently was pretty crappy.
I collected a ton of the PFC guns back in the mid 80's. I even visited The Collectors Armory in Alexandria Virginia walking out with the full auto Uzi ($200) kit and a .45 auto target kit ($150) from Marui. Sold them all though years ago (man was that stupid!).
I think I would like to get my hands on an original Takagi PFC version of the Blaster one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=814Q4oijqns

Silicone, clear casting resin, food coloring, and corn starch. I'm all set. The first mold was not useable. Forgot to plug the bottoms of the grips, corrected that for round 2. Had a small bubble as well. Second try is currently setting up.

Well crap, their sideways....

Attachments

• 0923171810.jpg
    0923171810.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 0923171811.jpg
    0923171811.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 0923171812.jpg
    0923171812.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
  • 0923171744.jpg
    0923171744.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
Silicone, clear casting resin, food coloring, and corn starch. I'm all set. The first mold was not useable. Forgot to plug the bottoms of the grips, corrected that for round 2. Had a small bubble as well. Second try is currently setting up.

Well crap, their sideways....
Saw the same / similar video on YouTube regarding those ingredients . The clear casting resin wasn't mentioned though . Guess it makes sense that you'd want the grips hard and not rubbery . Was it a simple process - casting the resin , and could you elaborate on what / how you did it ?
Realise there'd be other videos on YouTube explaining this , but , what you've done looks good and is more specific to this build .

Cheers Ged

I posted a video in the other thread. You take 100% silicone #1, and food coloring and mix it up. The coloring activates the silicone to start hardening, you have 10 minutes. Then roll the silicone blob in corn starch so it looses its stickiness. Once it turns to a relatively non stickey glob your ready to press it over your grip. In ten minutes it has fully set and you have a useable "rubber" mold.

LOL!! , thanks , that's the video I was referring to in my post . Still gotta ask though , the video guy doesn't go on to cast clear ' resin ' , and you have . So was wondering what the steps for that involve ? Resin just poured into mold after it's been made - No other steps ?

Ged:thumbsup

Haven't poured resin yet. But yes, just pour, let set, pop out. Need to pick up food coloring today to make the amber color. I only had blue, green and red. Stay tuned, I'll post on this tonight.

Thanks for reply @Robiwon . Looking forward to your update .

Just one thing , on the other PKD thread - some people mentioned that using resin to add weight to the blaster may not be advisable due to it getting ' hot ' - a temperature / chemical thing right ? . If so , aren't you concerned that the ' heat ' from the resin will distort the rubber mold ? Apologies in advance if this is all irrelevant , and isn't a factor with this technique .

Ged

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back