The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Thread is in the classifieds :)

:lol annnd subscribed, will be looking into it a little more for sure. Just wondering, since yours isn't just a solid leather jacket (or at least it appears to be different materials) would it be a little lighter/thinner than just something from BLJ. Breathes more, etc? Thanks!

:lol annnd subscribed, will be looking into it a little more for sure. Just wondering, since yours isn't just a solid leather jacket (or at least it appears to be different materials) would it be a little lighter/thinner than just something from BLJ. Breathes more, etc? Thanks!

I've not felt one of the blj ones, but a large portion of it is printed fabric like the one in the movie. So I imagine it breathes better. It's still a fairly heavy jacket though, or at least the first sample was.

Turned this:

20170606_172500.jpg

Into this:

20170607_093058.jpg

20170607_093442.jpg

Super affordable option for those on a budget. And it actually plays the soundtrack either through the headphones or the speaker in the back.

Metallic blue paint job w/silver vinyl decals. The headphones are 3D printed with custom waterslide decals.

@Soulinertia Does it actually play the entire soundtrack? I got the impression that the space on it was super-limited and it could maybe hold a single song.

In any case, I think that might end up being my VOL1 convention option until I can get something nicer.

EDIT: Was also wondering how big it is?

so now that guardians 2 has come and gone, i'm starting on my peter quill pants from guardians 1 :p
well on time i'd say

anybody got links to webshops or something for fabrics? if not i'll just do it the old fashioned way and go to the fabric shop irl :p

Hi, I post this in case someone is looking for a short jacket of volume 1 or 2. Personally I took my two jackets in M size (vol.1 & vol.2) at the same seller and I am satisfied. Both of them are in real leather.
The first jacket is really nice, not very accurate but very nice. Maybe a little bit too long but it's not really important. The color darker than the original jacket and it hasn't patterns like in the movie.
The second is really good, however it is not an exact replica and the dyes are to review. But overall it is really nice. It's shorter than the first jacket and I love how it's fitted, it stops at the belt as in the film. It just needs some modifications.

DSC_0057.JPG

@Soulinertia Does it actually play the entire soundtrack? I got the impression that the space on it was super-limited and it could maybe hold a single song.

In any case, I think that might end up being my VOL1 convention option until I can get something nicer.

EDIT: Was also wondering how big it is?

It has an auxiliary input on the bottom so you can connect it to your phone and play whatever you want. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but you can add your own recordings and one-liners from the movie, etc. I think it's a pretty cool buy for $25.

It's shorter and thicker than an actual tps-l2.

miniboombox2.jpg

Hi all. New member, working on my 1st cosplay. Just picked up some Star Lord Nerf blasters, looking to get a paint job done.
Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?
UK based if possible.
Many thanks in advance!

Hi all. New member, working on my 1st cosplay. Just picked up some Star Lord Nerf blasters, looking to get a paint job done.
Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?
UK based if possible.
Many thanks in advance!

for paints itself you'll have to hunt on your own i think unless you buy online, but i don't have any good online shops for that

for technice i sugest looking at vids on youtube punished props has some awsome tutorial vids on how to do certain styles of paint jobs

for paints itself you'll have to hunt on your own i think unless you buy online, but i don't have any good online shops for that

for technice i sugest looking at vids on youtube punished props has some awsome tutorial vids on how to do certain styles of paint jobs

Thanks for the reply mate.

Was more angling for somebody who would do it on commission. I'm awful with both taking things apart (more putting them back together really) and even worse with paints!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back