2001 Space Station WIP

Absolutely fantastic build.

So how much will the postage and packing be on the forthcoming kit?

(only joking)

Thanks for the great feedback guys:) Still waiting for 4 little greeblies so I can finish the model...then, I'll have to buy a new camera to take pro-pics of the Space Station.
Stay tuned!

I'm loving the lighting (^_^)! :love

Crackerjazz, you're in TO and I'm in Ottawa, so the price is the same I'm afraid:cry Since I'm working on a trapeze shape (pails are stackable, hence the trapeze form: bigger base, and smaller top), I have to bend Sintra by hand (2mm) or hairdryer for the other more round stuff. But yes, you can put in a pot of boiling water also and shape it that way...or my fav: into acetone: dip it real quick and let it dry and it'll take the form you want.

I'm concentrating now on the inside of the landing bay and I discovered LED strips at Home Depot that will serve as lighting around said bay...this is going to be fun;)

View attachment 313516 View attachment 313517View attachment 313518

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so impressed ! WOW ! that's so incredible :eek that amount of detail and scale of that model....wow wow wow! Can't wait for the new photos ...lol what awesome eye candy!

OH MYYYY GOD!! :eek
It's so monumental! I love the lights in the docking bay!
Cant wait to see the pro-pictures!! You sure did an amazing job man!!!!!!

You need to be on your guard, joberg -- when the zombie apocalypse comes, Kubrick's gonna shuffle over to your place and destroy your model while ranting "WE MISSED ONE!!!!" You'll have lots of time to react, though, 'cause first he's gonna make you open the door and let him in 37 times, till he's happy with it. Maybe 38. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20161203_164820_hdr.jpgIMG_20161203_164908_hdr.jpg Pics from my Blackberry...was trying another camera for once. I thing it's a better resolution.

I totally get his motives, but now more than ever I feel that Kubrick committed a terrible crime against film history by detroying his models. Those things belong in the Smithsonian, or at least in the hands of an appreciative and responsible collector, not a landfill. :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back