Show your custom Lightsabers!

Yeah-- they are an odd metric size.

In all cases I used the standard tripod mount on the bottom to aid me:

canonicty.jpg

Oh interesting... It doesn't make it easier, heh, but I see what you did...

I can't think of any piece I could screw into that triped part...

Guys can I ask what you are using as end caps - I have a two graphlite handles I want to use - one for custom and one for Holiday special but after a fair bit of searching I'm coming up blank for a threaded end cap.
Cheers

Oh interesting... It doesn't make it easier, heh, but I see what you did...
I can't think of any piece I could screw into that triped part...

The top two are just rand two cellflashes that had the same mount on the bottom. I put them butt to butt and passed a knob screw that is usually on a bracket from any flash through both holes. The top one used a maglite endcap for it's end. The middle one is an off-brand wannabe Obi-Wan hand wheel that attached to a tiny flange from another flash. The bottom one is just a wooden flash extension rod I found for $5 on ebay.

Guys can I ask what you are using as end caps - I have a two graphlite handles I want to use - one for custom and one for Holiday special but after a fair bit of searching I'm coming up blank for a threaded end cap.
Cheers

There's some pipe endcaps at your local hardware store that should work if you match the I.D.
I've had luck with Maglite D cell endcaps.
If you can catch them when they are available and are comfortable tapping and mounting with set screws, you can make some of the TCSS parts work too.

Cheers

For my holiday i used the tube cutter, too. Then deburred the edge, and machined me a bottom cap from Delrin which i pushed in with a press, Then i made the ringholder from alu.

IMG_20150803_180842_zps72e0vpdc.png

Saber of the week!

I decided to see if I could combine key elements from all the OT sabers into one saber and came up with this. I think it's pretty fun...

Also had a chance to try out my new weathering system, which is very scientific and detail oriented. It involves me very carefully masking off and painting with matte black spray paint and then hurling it at my gravel driveway.

OT_combo1.jpg
OT_combo2.jpg
OT_combo3.jpg
OT_combo4.jpg

SethS you know how they got the droid builders club guys to make R2 for TFA......well I reckon someone from Disney should be knocking on your door for some saber builds for the next few films.

Last edited by a moderator:
The photos of just the grenade half make me think a saber using that grenade type as the lower grip end, with a nice tapered pommel, could look really good.

Finished a new saber a few days ago. It's another Minicam build: 3d printed grips, leather-working buckle "D-ring," 3-cell extension via the top of a Leitz flash, bunny ears taken from a Graflex slave, emitter from a champagne stopper, and a hacked-together clamp made from the Minicam clamp covered with a veneer made from the body of a Heiland synchro-special. The activator matrix is one of the LED bubble displays found in this thread.

IMG_0683.JPGIMG_0684.JPGIMG_0685.JPGIMG_0686.JPGIMG_0687.JPGIMG_0688.JPGIMG_0689.JPG

The finish on the emitter came out too dark, but that's about the only part I'm unhappy with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back