Show your custom Lightsabers!

$240? Did the entire RPF membership take a week off of eBay or something?! Those look pretty cool!

I keep racking my brain trying to figure out something else to use as grips on these flashes, but I haven't found anything super cool beyond the standard vertical strip of some kind.

No, we're all very vigilant. :) The lot was listed very poorly. The word "Graflex" was not used anywhere in the listing.

Thanks, everyone. I like the color green and I agree that it helps give the saber a little interesting color.

Gonna try to take a break from customs again. I have three Graflex flashes next in line.

So, two more pictures...a friend who does scrapping pulled apart a VCR, a Betamax, and a few other things...the betamax parts will go toward the Graflite, primarily because it really does feel like it adds to that "vintage" feel. Now to get to work figuring just how those parts will all fit together into something cool and very non-graflite. :) I LOVE the display in the box that is the LCD piece from the VCR...the problem is the very obvious burned in numbers and letters for that. Still...am sure I can find something neat to do with it.

2016-06-04_16-18-13_955.jpg2016-06-04_16-18-26_179.jpg

Since I've been working on a Rey's Blaster replica, I want to open this forum up to custom blasters as well.

So feel free to post your custom blasters!

First just, no. it's a separate topic and as such, it should have it's own thread and not clutter up this one. Besides, we already have a thread for that here... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257149&highlight=custom+blasters

If it were up to me, this thread would be renamed to "Show your custom camera flash and hardware Lightsabers!" since that is what 99% of this thread has in it. Can you tell I'm only a fan of machined sabers? :D

Indeed, my collection includes one ancient Parks and two MHS customs I did not build (at least, not the bodies), with another awaiting TCSS's eventual restock. Soon as I can get my hands of the rest of the parts and can complete the build, you bet your sweet bippy it's going to show up here.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

First time poster but I've been lurking for a while, especially in the Blade Runner Blaster threads. I've recently been bitten by the lightsaber bug and have started to make my own hardware sabers with the limited resources I have at my disposal. I've been paying a lot of attention to the items and sourcing a lot of you guys use, though flashguns are way way way out of my price range. These are very basic compared to everything in this thread, but I'm going to try to get better at this because I love making these things.

PS: Persolo, I see you have some rubber grip with bubbles. I have the exact same one, probably cut from the same flashlight. I also plan to use it for a lightsaber in the near future.

First one:

myfirstsaber1 by mccoyed, on Flickr

myfirstsaber2 by mccoyed, on Flickr

Second one I made a few days later for a friend, who requested a leather-bound "Old Republic" style.

shaw saber1 by mccoyed, on Flickr

shaw saber2 by mccoyed, on Flickr

First just, no. it's a separate topic and as such, it should have it's own thread and not clutter up this one. Besides, we already have a thread for that here... http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257149&highlight=custom+blasters

If it were up to me, this thread would be renamed to "Show your custom camera flash and hardware Lightsabers!" since that is what 99% of this thread has in it. Can you tell I'm only a fan of machined sabers? :D

Okay, um sorry if my suggestion offended you? Didn't realize there was a separate thread for blasters.
I do agree that I'm more of a fan of machined light sabers (like the first couple of post on this thread). Anybody got any they want to show?

Okay, um sorry if my suggestion offended you? Didn't realize there was a separate thread for blasters.
I do agree that I'm more of a fan of machined light sabers (like the first couple of post on this thread). Anybody got any they want to show?

You didn't offend me. It's just that one of the points of a forum is an organization of topics.

Hi guys! This is officially my 2nd post in this forum.

This was the very first lightsaber I made back in 2015 for a costume party I was attending. Materials were PVC pipe, fittings, some wooden strips, a couple of dollar-shop LED torches for the lighting and an acrylic tube for the blade.
e00a19ef69de6aed8c82e21135780775.jpg

I have a few design ideas in my head for a couple more, so I'll most likely start on my next one soon.

Finally I got over the idea of not creating anything that was not screen accurate, and got my own Lightsaber design. I always liked the Graflex synchronizer, especially the red button switch, for using it as the base of a saber, but never got into getting a design that I liked. But this time I got one really cheap and started the journey. After cutting the tube, getting rid of that horrible black end cap and getting some cheap miscellaneous pieces, this is what I came up with. Most of the design is accidental. You can barely design something from buying pieces that you don't know if and how they will fit for sure, but anyway, here it is. Somewhat inspired in Vader, but with a touch of the Old Republic.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back