The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! VOTING NOW OPEN

Oh I haven't commented on any, it's just I've noticed a lot of comments that seem high compared to the amount of votes and I always like reading comments of others and why they choose certain costumes over others ect. But I can't see comments on any photos so I was Curious to know if all comments are private and will never be seen (expect maybe by the person whose photo was commented on) or if after voting is done all comments will then be shown. I figured maybe comments weren't shown right now because sometimes it can start a fightt or influence voting?? Like I said, mostly just curious. :)

I can't read comments or vote on my iphone, but I'm having no problem on a pc.

Can't I vote on my own costume?

Apparently not.

so nothing on IE either. According to the info, there should be 195 comments in the female category for example. I've looked through everyones photo and there are a few comments connected to some of the voters but not anywhere near 195....more like.....20 if you combing everyones. Now it's more about my curiosity driving me insane more then really needing to read the comments lol! I don't have to read them, I just want to know WHY I can't read them. What does everyone else know that I don't?????? It's killin' me!!! :D

so nothing on IE either. According to the info, there should be 195 comments in the female category for example. I've looked through everyones photo and there are a few comments connected to some of the voters but not anywhere near 195....more like.....20 if you combing everyones. Now it's more about my curiosity driving me insane more then really needing to read the comments lol! I don't have to read them, I just want to know WHY I can't read them. What does everyone else know that I don't?????? It's killin' me!!! :D

I *think* I know what your problem is now that you've described it. Votes show up as "comments" when it comes to that tally. So what you're seeing in that 195 is the comments plus the votes.

I commented on a few costumes and they show up. Other than that I do not see any comments.

There are a lot of good costumes, and I will have to narrow down my votes to what costumes I like the most, and how well their build thread is put together.

How much time before voting ends?
Are judges chosen yet?

I *think* I know what your problem is now that you've described it. Votes show up as "comments" when it comes to that tally. So what you're seeing in that 195 is the comments plus the votes.
ahhhhhhh!!! Ok.....cool....lol! Wow, so the actual commenting then has been down this year. It must be the layout, now that the contests are in a gallery form there probably isn't as much of a sense of conversation with others so not as many comment. That's too bad in some ways and probably good in others hahaha! Well thanks for helping me solve the mystery!!

ahhhhhhh!!! Ok.....cool....lol! Wow, so the actual commenting then has been down this year. It must be the layout, now that the contests are in a gallery form there probably isn't as much of a sense of conversation with others so not as many comment. That's too bad in some ways and probably good in others hahaha! Well thanks for helping me solve the mystery!!

Ya, the venue is a little less prone to chatting. Last year there were a decent amount of comments though, maybe this year people are just a bit more tight lipped!

Took me a heckuva long time to figure out how to vote. Felt like an 80 year old using the internet for the first time. :lol

Michael, I sent you a PM. My wife somehow managed to vote twice (RedWhirlwind) and I should have more votes based on the list showing on my page.

Michael, I sent you a PM. My wife somehow managed to vote twice (RedWhirlwind) and I should have more votes based on the list showing on my page.

Got it, and looking in to it! Final votes won't be tallied until we figure it out. :)

WOW!!! Everyone did a GREAT job on their costumes!!!

I'm sad I didn't have time to enter this year, but I definitely got my votes in! I look forward to being back in the competition next year! :)

Good luck to everyone!

I thought it was just me, and it's too late now ;) But I had someone ask where the link to my build thread was. And I couldn't see them for anyone else either.

I wasn't sure I could put it in my comments without mixing up vote tallies.

Alright folks! VOTING HAS ENDED!

Thank you to everyone who participated both with their costumes and their votes. :)

Winners will be announced on November 13th so hang tight!

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! VOTING NOW CLOSED

Dang, I did not get to cast all of my votes in time.
Congratulations to the winners.

Last edited:
Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! VOTING NOW CLOSED

Just in case people were wondering I'm just waiting on the judges' picks so that I can announce the winners all at once. As soon as I get them from Art I'll pass them on here!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back