New Star Wars films from Game of Thrones duo

Disneys trying to get everyone that was pissed at RJs movie to come back to the franchise, while getting GOT audience, AND the real reason.... hey guys, were sorry the last film, and the next one are gonna suck,, but please bear with us as we get the GOT guys into this....... Also KK comes from the Producing realm,,,,so naturally most decisions are going to be business first

Disneys trying to get everyone that was pissed at RJs movie to come back to the franchise, while getting GOT audience, AND the real reason.... hey guys, were sorry the last film, and the next one are gonna suck,, but please bear with us as we get the GOT guys into this....... Also KK comes from the Producing realm,,,,so naturally most decisions are going to be business first

I don’t want to be combative, but again, the box office has made it clear that the outrage for TLJ comes from hardcore fandom. The masses don’t really care. And Kathleen Kennedy is not a suit— she is a hands on film producer with over 30 years of experience. She has produced practically every hit Speilberg has ever had. This is not an “apology” move— it’s a decision to hire people known to fandom— just like JJ was.

So here is the list of existing content and the list of upcoming content compiled into one:

-The Phantom Menace
-Attack of the Clones
-Revenge of the Sith
-Solo
-Rogue One
-A New Hope
-The Empire Strikes Back
-Return of the Jedi
-The Force Awakens
-The Last Jedi
-Episode 9
-Rian Johnson Trilogy 1
-Rian Johnson Trilogy 2
-Rian Johnson Trilogy 3
-GOT Trilogy 1
-GOT Trilogy 2
-GOT Trilogy 3

Droids Cartoon

Ewoks Cartoon

An Ewok Adventure

The Battle for Endor

Gendy Tartovsky Clone Wars TV Mini series

Dave Filoni Clone Wars

Rebels

2-3 TV Series for Disney Streaming

Planned/ Rumored Films

Boba Fett Stand Alone
Obi-Wan Stand Alone
Yoda Stand Alone

Lobot- How to Aide a Miner
Admiral Ackbar- Something smells fishy, like a trap!
Yarna Del Gargan -How I became fat
Jabba the Hutt -Please pass the frogs
Greedo- A Rodian's Tale
Bib Fortuna- Misfortune of a Major Domo
Jawa Twin Suns Adventure Time!
Sebulba Origin Film (Title Forthcoming)
General Dodonna- The search for Cassian Andor
3PO: The golden butt
R2-D2bacca: The R2-D2 Chewbacca Duo Quest film
Get 'Em Wormy! -Luke Skywalker's foolproof guide to bullseyeing Womp Rats
Darklighter: Freedom Fighter!
X-Wing Squadron: Porkins Strikes Back!
TIE Pilot Training video: How to fly with sunglasses on
Tauntauns in the wild! A Nature film
Hitting all the high Nodes: The rise and fall of Figrin Da'an - A musical history
Eecheewa! - A linguists guide to speaking fluent Ewok
Cooking with Ketwol: The Cantina's secret bar recipes
Klattu, Barada, Nikto: It's a pirates life for me

And many, many more.....

This brings the Luke & Leia angle to a whole new light... I feel icky just thinking about it.
FragrantGlossyEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif

I don’t want to be combative, but again, the box office has made it clear that the outrage for TLJ comes from hardcore fandom. The masses don’t really care.

The box office for TLJ has made it clear that people were initially drawn in by the prospects Abrams had set up in TFA and the massive drop off is the result of total under delivery on those prospects. TLJ made exactly 100 million dollars less than TFA in China and the standard party line is that China doesnt care about Star Wars so the hard core fan logic hold`s zero water on that. Cant have it both ways.

Waiting till over 80-90% of a movie has been filmed before throwing it all out and starting again does not suggest that the leadership is qualified for the job either just quietly.

The box office for TLJ has made it clear that people were initially drawn in by the prospects Abrams had set up in TFA and the massive drop off is the result of total under delivery on those prospects. TLJ made exactly 100 million dollars less than TFA in China and the standard party line is that China doesnt care about Star Wars so the hard core fan logic hold`s zero water on that. Cant have it both ways.

Waiting till over 80-90% of a movie has been filmed before throwing it all out and starting again does not suggest that the leadership is qualified for the job either just quietly.

You’re definitely right about the drop off, that had to have taken them by surprise. But I don’t think comparing it to TFA is the right benchmark. The hype of being what it was made it impossible to top, and I don’t think they expected it to do so. The first new SW movie, with the return of the OT cast? That was lightning in a bottle. It’s sitting a little below a billion domestic— nothing is going to touch that.

Right now TLJ is out performing Rogue One, which most fans like, and no one called that a failure.

You could be right, it’s hard to say cause the budget for TLJ hasn’t been determined publicly. But if it is in the same ballpark as R1 and TFA and they didn’t blow a wad on marketing, it’s turned a profit. Did it hit whatever mark Disney wanted it to? Who knows.

You’re definitely right about the drop off, that had to have taken them by surprise. But I don’t think comparing it to TFA is the right benchmark. The hype of being what it was made it impossible to top, and I don’t think they expected it to do so. The first new SW movie, with the return of the OT cast? That was lightning in a bottle. It’s sitting a little below a billion domestic— nothing is going to touch that.

Right now TLJ is out performing Rogue One, which most fans like, and no one called that a failure.

You could be right, it’s hard to say cause the budget for TLJ hasn’t been determined publicly. But if it is in the same ballpark as R1 and TFA and they didn’t blow a wad on marketing, it’s turned a profit. Did it hit whatever mark Disney wanted it to? Who knows.

Fair enough but I still dont see how your claim that "the box office has made it clear that the outrage for TLJ comes from hardcore fandom" is valid.

I will be generous here and say that at the very least the expectation from Disney would have been for TLJ to be equal to TFA in box office or they would not have made it at all, full stop.

It’s probably not as cut and dry as I stated, you’re right— but literally the only place I see people hating TLJ is within online fandom. The fact it’s performing on the same level as Rogue One, which few people hate, is what I am going by.

But I do disagree that Disney would expect the same profit as TFA. Like I said, lightning in a bottle. I think Rogue One is a more realistic benchmark for them.

At the end of the day though we’re missing two very big factors— what the budget was, and what their internal expectations were. If we see some “mutual parting of ways” press release about Johnson, then you’re probably right. But if his trilogy stays on track, and there’s no undo pressure on Episode Nine that comes to light, I’d say Disney is happy with the outcome.

It’s probably not as cut and dry as I stated, you’re right— but literally the only place I see people hating TLJ is within online fandom. The fact it’s performing on the same level as Rogue One, which few people hate, is what I am going by.

But I do disagree that Disney would expect the same profit as TFA. Like I said, lightning in a bottle. I think Rogue One is a more realistic benchmark for them.

At the end of the day though we’re missing two very big factors— what the budget was, and what their internal expectations were. If we see some “mutual parting of ways” press release about Johnson, then you’re probably right. But if his trilogy stays on track, and there’s no undo pressure on Episode Nine that comes to light, I’d say Disney is happy with the outcome.

Where else are you going to see hate for TLJ but online fandom? Not much point posting about it anywhere else. Guns and Ammo maybe? Take a look at You Tube and you might get an unpleasant surprise and they are not all "hardcore" fans either. And although I am a fan of R1, just the briefest of looks here will show that far from everyone loves it.

Maybe it’s being in LA, but people talk movies everywhere I go. I could be wrong— but seeing what goes down with Johnson in the near future will give us the answer.

Maybe it’s being in LA, but people talk movies everywhere I go. I could be wrong— but seeing what goes down with Johnson in the near future will give us the answer.

Whatever happens with Johnson has got nothing to do with where you see negative feedback and who makes it, about TLJ in the slightest.

What I find troubling with the announcement is that there is no commitment to timeline for when the films releases are planned. I haven't seen anything with release schedule for RJ's trilogy neither. So, after Solo, we have an 18 month gap for Episode IX and then nothing announced. I think we should prepare for an even bigger gap between Episode IX and the next film.

I didn't care much for GOT, so these guys writing it means nothing to me. I am all for new films that deal with new characters that don't have to tie in to the previous films. I am of the camp that wishes they never extended the Skywalker Saga and had let the arc end with ROTJ

While I can't say this news has me excited (I just can't get excited for Star Wars anymore), I will say that I'm breathing a sigh of relief that SW is finally in capable hands.
Curious to see what they do.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back