Rest in Peace, Adam West...

Grew up with "Batman" in reruns in the early '70s.
I remember getting angry at my father for laughing at it, because to me, at 3yo, it was super serious :lol
Yup! :)

I was always a little annoyed at my parents recognizing all the celebrity cameos, especially popping out of windows when they were climbing buildings. I had no idea who they were and didn't care. :)

I saw the original series on T.V. in Belgium (the Flemish channel would play it in its original U.S. version with Flemish subtitles). Loved it from the first to the last episode (I was 6 years old). RIP Mr. West, you did great:cry

The funny thing is until I was twelve or so I didn't like Batman at all then we got "The Dark Knight returns" via Frank Miller which got me to look into Batman more and then the 1989 film which is when I started to watch the 60's TV show-I was fourteen and at the time I thought it was campy as hell,but fun in a mindless fashion.

And then there was Robinson Crusoe on Mars which I oddly never noticed it was West playing the main role but did watch a few times in the late 80's

Tom Hanks posted this yesterday on Instagram
19050585_298150110611732_2086535944650883072_n.jpg

If memory serves, West wasn't the main character in that movie, actually he was killed off pretty early in the movie.

Been a long time since I've seen it,probably the late 80's so don't take my word for anything :lol One of those films I watched as a kid but not since.

If memory serves, West wasn't the main character in that movie, actually he was killed off pretty early in the movie.

I first saw the movie on TV back in the 60's during the first run of Batman and they made a big deal of the fact that Batman was in the movie. But as you said he was killed off pretty early but kept coming back in a few dream sequences.

Born in 72, growing up watching batman everyday. My first hero, my favorite to this day. Batman was my favorite to say the least. Before star wars even came out.

Sad times, but what a life to celebrate. Adam will be missed, but will live on with us. My first and only batman he remains.

My only disbelief is the lack of coverage this has gotten. I just heard about it today. I watch the news and listen to the radio daily, and heard nothing. Guess you have to be a train wreck to get media attention these days.

Adam West was perfect for that show. Absolutely perfect.

A lot of actors can play the Dark Knight. I don't think anyone could play the Bright Knight like Adam West.

Rest In Peace. And thank you.

The Wook

ps~To you older fellas who watched its original run, wouldn't it have been on just once a week? Didn't each episode's cliffhanger say something on the order or, "...to find out, tune in next week. Same bat time. Same bat channel."?
You'll find the answer about the 4:05 mark: https://youtu.be/X6ahUq67kXA

It started out as "tune in next time" then moved onto "tune in next week"

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back