Bandai release schedule

My point was that Bandai don't OWE us anything, they can decide what they release or not, they are not OBLIGATED to us to produce anything.

My point is: Lighten up Francis. Stop being self righteous, most people here knew what I meant.

Well, if Grievous is a fraction taller than K-2SO, it would be the biggest figure kit to date. :D Hey, the glass is half full!

I dunno. At current pace, Bandai is announcing a new kit every four weeks. That's INSANE. Even by the time they announce TLJ kits this fall we should have, what, 4 maybe 5 other kit announcements? I don't even have the discretionary funds to keep up! :cry

Well, if Grievous is a fraction taller than K-2SO, it would be the biggest figure kit to date. :D Hey, the glass is half full!

I dunno. At current pace, Bandai is announcing a new kit every four weeks. That's INSANE. Even by the time they announce TLJ kits this fall we should have, what, 4 maybe 5 other kit announcements? I don't even have the discretionary funds to keep up! :cry
I hear ya. Star Wars collector since mid 80's, I just introduced myself to the Bandai kits last November, mainly to serve as a filler between DeAgo Falcon deliverys.
Now, 6 months later I am up to 10 finished kits and ordering 2 more every month. Right now I am building Slave1, with TFA Falcon and Resistance X-Wing incoming.
Until now, I was unsure about figure building, but Grievous is a must have to me, as I am sure Hasbro won't do one for their Black Series anTime soon and even if they would, it will be no compasion to Bandai

Theres lots of reasons why things get delayed, some well never know about. Im confident that Bandai are doing a fantastic job of making Star Wars kits so far. Im sure they are making them as fast as they can too. Imo some things in life are worth waiting for, Bandai Model Kits are for sure. These beautiful kits are works of art, i wouldnt want them to rush anything esp not anything as big or important as a HUGE model kit.

Grievous is a really cool announcemnet, hes going to look great, lots of posing options with those arms/sabers too! Im Super Happy to have Bandai make him!

GRIEVOUS - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of using cheap plain black lingerie to get a fine thread count. Might be cheaper to buy the fabric, then have enough for Vader, Phasma, Grievous, Maul hopefully too!
I already did that with my Vader:
i34314bo0p28.jpgi34323bfzar5.jpgi34331bk553o.jpg

Total costs: 7 €. And I still have something left for Phasma! :)

Does anyone know if Bluefin will replace bad parts that ship with the kit? The detail on one side of the 1/144 Tie Striker is noticeably more "blobby" than the other. It's the greeble detail just on either side of the cockpit frame. The left side is much sharper detail than the right. Is this a mold problems or are all kits like that? Anyone else have this kit to check?

Just got my Slave one today!

at first I was all upset about the small scale BUT Bandai's stuff is just too good to pass up! ( even without standing figures!)

I do NOT regret it!

Another great kit!

Just got my Slave one today!

at first I was all upset about the small scale BUT Bandai's stuff is just too good to pass up! ( even without standing figures!)
My Slave 1 kit does include a tiny (but not flat!) standing Boba Fett figure (and carbonite Han). Must be an early batch :)

I have both the original release of Red 5 X-Wing kit and later Red Squadron set. The former includes full 1/72 standing pilot figure, but in the latter the same sprue has it replaced with a flat outline one.

Last edited:
My Slave 1 kit does include a tiny (but not flat!) standing Boba Fett figure (and carbonite Han). Must be an early batch :)

I have both the original release of Red 5 X-Wing kit and later Red Squadron set. The former includes full 1/72 standing pilot figure, but in the latter the same sprue has it replaced with a flat outline one.

Out of curiosity, I compared the current text (with google translator) of their website to the one from late 2015, archived at web.archive.org.

The original:
[accessories]
Dedicated display base × 1
Selective passage part for exclusive display base × 1
1/144 scale Boba Fett Figure x 2
(Seated × 1 · upright × 1)
1/144 scale carbonite frozen Han solo figure × 1
Laser effect parts × 2
Hangar hatch opening and closing reproduction parts 2 types × 2
Two aircraft wing cylinder parts for parking / flight state reproduction × 2 × 2
Water transfer type decal × 1
Marking stick × 1

The curret one:
[accessories]
Dedicated display base × 1
Selective passage part for exclusive display base × 1
1/144 Boba Fett (seated) x 1
1/144 Carbonite frozen Han solo × 1
Laser effect parts × 2
Hangar hatch opening and closing reproduction parts 2 types × 2
Two aircraft wing cylinder parts for parking / flight state reproduction × 2 × 2
Water transfer type decal × 1
Marking stick × 1

One Boba is missing. Didn't know that they actually need to change existing kits. Sad. Furtunately I have the original boxing in my stash.

Thorsten

The snap assembly on the Jango Slave 1 looks like it leaves some pretty big gaps, but some glue and paint should fill that in. The detail on the mini Jedi starfighter is insane, but I'm already dreading putting on the kit's decals. :sick

I'm
envious! I used to loved the added bonus of the standing figures and droids!

now I'll just have to mold them I geuss

Do we already know the scale of the Jedi starfighter? Will it be 1/144?

Not sure if it's been officially announced at 1/144 but going by the photos (especially the one in hand), it looks to be around that scale. Certainly noticeably smaller than the FM 1/72 version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back