Scottjua's stuff: Live Fire Blasters, Props, Sabers: Relby K23s

Re: Scottjua's prop builds and collection: UPDATE: super mega pic dump

Wowza, amazing stuff all!

Dude this is like looking at a professional book of props!

Good stuff as always. You could message Don on the RPF probably about getting one of the steel cylinders. If you miss out, I have an extra since I can't get it to work with the action on the cap-firing blaster I built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speechless, as always when looking over your work! So many questions I'll have to wait until I get home. Phenomenal work buddy!

So much envy ! ;)

Amazing work and excellent photography! You should consider some form of photographic employment. ;)

SO happy that my work's firewall didn't block those pics! Love em.

Rey's blaster is definitely growing on me... may have to figure one out down the line.
scottjua you mentioned prototype for a run, is that run on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

SO happy that my work's firewall didn't block those pics! Love em.

Rey's blaster is definitely growing on me... may have to figure one out down the line.
@scottjua you mentioned prototype for a run, is that run on here?

I guess it was just on the IRA.. Aaron just posted here too: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=274414

Thanks everyone!

HAha VFX freak... but I'm lazy... these are fast pics for me. I need to get real and bust out a seamless background, and one day fart around with different lights and smoke effects. Maybe when I do my SS models finally. But I like the full light so you can see the details. Even these "fast" pics take me hours and hours to do.

scott mind sharing what black you used for the Denix? this came out beautiful! :thumbsup

scottjuaCruciblecustomProps012017001.jpg

i was also curious on that actual chassis you made for the electronics. is this 3d printed or laser cut, very clean looking! i love it
B20170226-001608.jpg

Looks like an MGC to me, halliwax. Could just be the factory black they have on them. I tried to figure out what process they used for a while, but never got an answer past "chemical blackening after demolding" from model gun guys. One thing some metallurgists (admittedly Reddit metallurgists) I reached out to said was that ZAMAK tends to take these treatments better the closer to the molding process you apply them. /derail over. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

It's an MGC, but it came to me from Bobadebt like that for Alberto. I believe its sprayed flat black. When I do flat blacks I tend to polish them a bit with a shop rag. so they look worn.

That's a machined delrin end cap. It serves the purpose of cosmetics to keep it clean, and the seal it up and have a hard mount for the charge port.

I don't have the ability to 3d print at home, so if I do a chassis myself it's usually machined delrin

Impressive stuff all round, Scott.

Amazing props and pictures Scott. I love the crinkle finish on the E-11. What brand did you use?

It's an MGC, but it came to me from Bobadebt like that for Alberto. I believe its sprayed flat black. When I do flat blacks I tend to polish them a bit with a shop rag. so they look worn.

That's a machined delrin end cap. It serves the purpose of cosmetics to keep it clean, and the seal it up and have a hard mount for the charge port.

I don't have the ability to 3d print at home, so if I do a chassis myself it's usually machined delrin

beautiful work scott! thanks for clarifying

Your builds are absolutely fantastic Scott, my hat off to you sir....

Highest regards

MARK

A marvellous job as usual my friend!

The more i look at them the more I admire Your skills aiming to perfection!

Regards,

Alberto

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back