Rey's Blaster - All Metal Build With Videos - S2Jesse

Looks awesome Jesse. Top job mate. I'm almost on my safety switch now, Did you continue the slot out of the bottom of your adjuster ?
View attachment 611084

My first waterjet parts had a slot all the way through but then i noticed that wasn't accurate. So i re-milled those. If look really close i think the slot goes the full length of the cover but it does not go through the full depth of the part. You can even see it a little in the pic you posted.

groove.jpg

Heres more of an enhanced pic showing what i mean form launch bay.
groove_lb.gjp.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks man. I thought that might be the case, but I was secretly hoping for a full cut so I could angle grind the slot out. Looks like I'm back to the hand files again !! ill see what I can do.

Not to hijack, but, YOU WORKED ON ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT?! That's amazing.

I sure did,
I prop mastered the first 2 seasons and I was in a couple of Episodes as a Bluth comp. handyman for Gob, busting out walls in his office so he could play Pool LOL, pretty fun.
Also sorry for the Mini HiJacking of Jesse's thread, Killer Blaster!!!!
AL

The gun looks amazing! How did you get the safety to slide and stay in place?

Here's the bottom side of the safety cover plate. I milled a little slot for the safety then just added a little bolt with moderate tension and it slides in the pocket in frame.

Photo Apr 05, 8 41 32 PM.jpg

Awesome! I thought that might be the case. Watching your build has got me really excited to build my own gun.

The final product is amazing! I just watched the series of videos... I wish I had your talent (and your toys). If you ever decide to make a run of these, count me as interested.

This is ridiculously good, and the videos are ridiculously good.

I'd love to see you re-tackle this project with "normal" tools. Or at least tools that I can afford. :) The CNC and water cutting stuff is truly amazing, but it's also a bit out of reach for most of us.

And feel free to make the videos longer, if you want. When it comes to this kind of quality work, more is better.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for sharing your work with us.

I'm excited to see what you are going to do with the sound and lights that you mentioned way back near the beginning of the project..

I've lost momentum on my build, the blaster is done, but I'm still waiting for canadian money to be worth a little more before I order a new 200mw laser diode. $50 USD for the diode and housing converts to expensive in CAD..

The last part is up!
I added some weathering and calling her done! This vid mainly shows the weathering.

Excited to have it finished. She already has a new home sad to see her go :(

Missed any of the other parts? Click Here To Subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=s2gamesjesse

Also, here is a pic of the weathered blaster with a clean one. Its on my Instagram account which i just started and don't really have any followers so feel free to follow if it interests you :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGxnJJDh_l/

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be too much work do do a run of these?

I sort of am already at least unofficially. I've already sold a few just to people who have pm'd me etc. When i finish / sell the few I'm working on now I'll probably do an official run. I'll probably have 2-3 avail from this initial batch. A couple are already claimed. But just so there isn't any surprises they are going for around 1200 however. If you've watched the vids there is a alot of work in these.

Jesse

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back