Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

Oh man! What a clever way to replicate Handles. You could be a true puppet builder - theyre almost all made out of clever patterns like that :D

Now when can you share his pattern? :D :p

Hey. Just wanted to pist a few pics from my Cyberman (still not completely done but usable) from the 2014 Sci-Fi on the Rock 8th annual convention. I still need to do feet, hands and under suit but I'm still mega pleased with my suit.
20140524_165024.jpg20140525_143609.jpg20140525_173953.jpgIMG_117869917699963.jpeg20140525_140524.jpg

Also a local director is doing a side project with direct affiliation the the BBC and filming a small budget Dr. Who film and I was asked to be in it!

Thanks again Wondersquid! You rule!

Zomben - THat's great work and great news! Send pics from set, LOL!

I am looking to duplicate at a smaller scale for my 6yr old daughter. Do you know if this would scale well?

Brewinathome - It should work if you scale equally all parts, but I do know of someone else who made a scaled one and the parts needed adjustment based on the weight and size of the child. Obviously my torso is longer then normal and my legs are shorter in areas, so you need to adjust these as you go. You might want to start with the chest and see how that fits then scale everything around that size. Good luck, show pics as you work!

Mal, Thank you once again for this amazing work. I'm currently building a fusion of Darth Vader and the '05 Cyberman called Darth Cyber :) , using your pattern for the armour. Your photos during the build, both here and of Facebook have been extremely helpful.

Terranous on Facebook

Attachments

• 2014-07-06 03.51.43.jpg
    2014-07-06 03.51.43.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 2014-07-05 00.03.46.jpg
    2014-07-05 00.03.46.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
  • 2014-07-05 13.55.57.jpg
    2014-07-05 13.55.57.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Wondersquid Thank you for putting this thread together you've given me inspiration to build my own Cyberman. I'm starting with the feet first as it is my first ever build.I will just take my time and take it slow. Just a quick question did you double up the foam on the sole?

I might have just for stability. But if you're short this is a great way to make yourself look more imposing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

can I just say as a Brit and a massive Dr Who fan, this is just FREAKING INCEDIBLE! Certainly the suit here is as good as the screen version. Seriously, seriously impressed!

Thank you sir! Hope to have the silver nightmare/season 8 Cyberman soon, now where did I put all that extra time I have...;)

@wondersquid

I ended up not trying to scale you design, mostly because I did have access to a large enough printer to print the originals. I used them as inspiration for this
IMG_4431.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4430.jpg
    IMG_4430.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I have a question for you Wondersquid. I really admire your work! Its fantastic!! Ive just started cosplaying. I've recently done a sugar skull skeleton costume, a pin-up tardis and a pop-art zombie. My next project is fabricating, which is a first for me (super excited). My question is how do you transport yourself to a con? Were you able to ride in a car with your costume or did you get dressed at the venue? I plan on going to Time Lord Fest and Im trying to avoid assembling my costume in the parking lot. Haha

I have an answer for you MrsSpamtastic, I usually have to suit up at the event and I bring helpers. Even though the Cybermen are foam they still require at least one person to help dress you as well as watch over you as you wander. Professionally we call these people handlers or wranglers, my wife is mine and I am hers when she wanders the floor as the giant adipose, the limited visibility is a major issue and having a partner or friend to watch your back is an absolute must. I will usually carry the costume in bags or boxes, then I will find a somewhat secluded area to get dressed. If you can put on an under suit that covers your body head to toe and helps cover your nakedness when dressing outdoors. I have friends that have dress up tents they bring along to events. Hope this helps.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back