Star Trek Into Darkness costume discussion

I can't say their pattern or stitch accuracy impresses me at all. I'm also not positive what type of button was on the original pants, but the brass jeans button REALLY sticks out and looks weird.

jumping in on these Fabrixquare jeans, but worried about sizing. generalfrosty says he normally wears 31 but got the "large" size, while two other people have said the waists are too big. I also wear 30-31--medium or large?!!??

jumping in on these Fabrixquare jeans, but worried about sizing. generalfrosty says he normally wears 31 but got the "large" size, while two other people have said the waists are too big. I also wear 30-31--medium or large?!!??

I went with the medium fearing that the small would be too tight. I'm 5' 8" and slim build, the jeans seem to be a good fit in the legs 009.JPG but I did have the waist taken in a bit and will wear a belt.

Last edited:
I went with the medium fearing that the small would be too tight. I'm 5' 8" and slim build, the jeans seem to be a good fit in the legsView attachment 221357 but I did have the waist taken in a bit and will wear a belt.

crap, i went with a large in a panic... :/

how long did it take for fabrixquare to ship those jeans out? ordered mine on friday but it still says "processing" on their site.

also, what size anovos shirt did you get? i hear they run small (ie. get one size larger than you normally wear)

The jeans arrived in a couple of weeks.
While I would have loved to get the Anovos shirt, it just wasn't in the budget. This one is from Cosplaysky ($70.00 US). I could have gone with a small but with ordering online and not knowing for sure how it would fit I got the medium. I was able to get it taken in and it fits ok now.

ugh, couple of weeks? there's no way that's going to arrive in time this week for dragon*con, then. damn, that sucks. i'll have to go with backup pants.

Into Darkness Command L/S Shirt.... $ 29.95

Has anyone ordered this from Roddenberry.com..?
Can you give me your thoughts on it..?

Thanks,
Snoose

I’m planning on getting one of the Anovos Into Darkness shirts but I’m not sure what size to get. I’m hoping you guys can provide some insight on the sizing. Are the measurements listed on the Anovos website spot on or is there some extra room?

Go a size bigger, they are slim fitting.
The fabric is thin BUT in a good way. It's ultra smooth and soft. My girlfriend can't keep her hands off me when I wear mine, lol.

I just got one of the Into Darkness style undershirts and got to say I love it! A bit longer than the ones on the movie and not quite as tight on me but nothing rehemming it shorter would solve and I think one size down would be too tight unless I toned up a little (which if that happens I might buy a smaller size)

Looking forward to getting the duty shirt to go over it when they come back into stock!

I figured I would ask here. The anovos 2009 tunics can be worn as ordinary clothing but how would you go about washing the tunic

I recently threw mine in the wash, the instructions are on the tag. I turned it inside out and it turned out just fine.

How do you like the quality of the Cosplaysky shirt? And would you say the fit is slightly big?

Mine was big ,but I ordered a medium when I probably could have used the small. The benefit for me was that I have a family member that did some alterations for me.
The quality is good. Certainly not Anovos, but a lot better than an off the shelf Halloween costume.
It has a black dickie to represent the undershirt that's made out of a thick stretchable material. I considered removing(with the larger size it was a little baggy around my neck) it and wearing a black shirt under but we were able to alter it as well for a better fit.

Have any of you guys had experience wearing women's boots? I found a pair that would be damn near perfect with some slight modifications. I wear a 10.5 mens, and sizing says a woman's 11 might fit (using their measurements).

Merrell Haven Autumn Otter - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

I bought the Rider Tech boots and even modified them with a Zipper on the inseam to make them a bit more form-fitting, and they just don't look right.

Into Darkness Command L/S Shirt.... $ 29.95

Has anyone ordered this from Roddenberry.com..?
Can you give me your thoughts on it..?

Thanks,
Snoose

Don't. It's just an over-priced long sleeve t-shirt. There is a HUGE difference between it and the Anovos one.

Does anyone have any ideas as to Chekov's engineering goggles? Custom or are we dealing with some modified (or not at all) off the rack item?

View attachment 185441

I realize this reply comes about a year too late, but after a fair bit of searching, I believe I may have found Chekov's goggles. I'm pretty sure they used Bobster Bugeye motorcycle goggles as seen here on Bobster's website:

bobster.com - Bugeye Goggles, Black Frame, Smoked Lens

I have no idea if any modifications were made, but after looking at all the screen caps I could find, no mods are immediately apparent.

Has anyone purchased the dress?

If you're referring to the Anovos dress, Frosty's girlfriend has one... as seen here:

My friend on the far left is wearing the Roddenberry.com shirt and my girlfriend is wearing the first-run ANOVOS dress.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back