Skyrim Ebony war axe build FINISHED !

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
It's been a while since I have contributed a new build, so I'll try this one. Previous WIP threads of mine have not gotten much interaction from the board, so I'm just doing the one "in progress" post and the next will be the finished version.

It's made from a wooden handle stained to resemble ebony. The axe head, claw, and top spike is made from Sintra, plumbing parts, and Apoxie Sculpt. It comes apart into 4 pieces for easy molding should I decide to do so later. My biggest hurdle are the swirly raised details all over , I'm just not sure how I want to do it. Please feel free to share any ideas and thank you for checking out my build !

axe4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Skyrim Ebony war axe build Need help with filigree details !

I have tried everything I can think of for the filigree details (swirls) I don't want to sculpt it, I tried the lead from stain glass , a type of puff paint, even gluing grass-trimmer string onto it and I can't get it to look good. Please share your ideas because I don't know what to do. Here is how it looks in-game.
Ebonywaraxe.png

I always assumed that it was engraved, and not a raised effect to it. I'd grab an engraver and a silver paint pen.

Etch the lines in pretty deep, then hit it with the silver pen or some rub n buff, and instant silver engravings.

I was going to try to make the dagger in black crystal, and the idea for the glyph bits was that they would be indented in the blade.

I've seen your work man, I think you can handle this even if you have to break down and sculpt it :)

Chris

If it is engraved then your work just got a lot easier. Do what hydin says. ebony stuff would def be very cool to clear cast with black pigment.

I always assumed that it was engraved, and not a raised effect to it. I'd grab an engraver and a silver paint pen.

Etch the lines in pretty deep, then hit it with the silver pen or some rub n buff, and instant silver engravings.

I was going to try to make the dagger in black crystal, and the idea for the glyph bits was that they would be indented in the blade.

I've seen your work man, I think you can handle this even if you have to break down and sculpt it :)

Chris

Thanks for the input, I think you are right, so right in fact that earlier after reading this, I went ahead and carved the details in by hand! I think it looks good and am glad it's working out. :thumbsup
axe5.jpg

Thanks for the input, I think you are right, so right in fact that earlier after reading this, I went ahead and carved the details in by hand! I think it looks good and am glad it's working out. :thumbsup
View attachment 275998

Looking awesome man!!!!!

Can't wait to see it fully tricked out :)

Chris

It looks pretty sweet to me!

The wrap on the handle looks great as well.

Looking good man!

I get one cause I gave some awesome advice... right?

:lol

Glad everything ended up working out. Love the leatherwork on the handle.

Chris

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back