Solo: A Star Wars Story

Anyone out there know solos age canon wise come ANH?

I googled last night and it looks like he’s 29 in ANH, but I don’t know if the source I googled is still canon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching good morning America now, they just confirmed the full trailer is airing today on their shown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that's true. I think he's in his early 20s in the first part of the film, mid-20's in the second part, and late 20's in the third. (In ANH, Ford was 34. And I'd say his character was early to mid-30's.)

I bow to your wisdom oh mighty Wook , but the scene where he is sitting down with the Imperial recruiting officer at the beginning suggests he's probably about sixteen to eighteen. Which is also a likely age for him to be a hotrodder boosting and racing speeders. Like I said about ten pages back, the teaser isn't the disaster (so far) many are hoping it to be. I hope its good, love the Empire elements in it already and the direction it suggests its going is better than I hoped. But TLJ did rather disappoint me, so maybe there is some redemption to be had in this unlikeliest of places.

I bow to your wisdom oh mighty Wook , but the scene where he is sitting down with the Imperial recruiting officer at the beginning suggests he's probably about sixteen to eighteen. Which is also a likely age for him to be a hotrodder boosting and racing speeders. Like I said about ten pages back, the teaser isn't the disaster (so far) many are hoping it to be. I hope its good, love the Empire elements in it already and the direction it suggests its going is better than I hoped. But TLJ did rather disappoint me, so maybe there is some redemption to be had in this unlikeliest of places.

LOL...while I appreciate your deference, CT, I did say I *think*. So I don't really know. IIRC, I was just going off of a post from Bryancd, in which he stated Solo would be an adult, even in the first part of the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...while I appreciate your deference, CT, I did say I *think*. So I don't really know. IIRC, I was just going off of a post from @Bryancd, in which he stated Solo would be an adult, even in the first part of the movie.

From what I heard, he starts as a late teen, then we fast forward to early 20’s and then possibly late 20’s a few years before ANH. Three distinct time periods in his young life.

Strangely the footage looks very dark and colourless like everything was shot in a twilight. :unsure
True. But check out that promo pic with Emilia Clark in front of the five-fingered Falcon with the Dr. Strange wardrobe, it's a nice splash of color!

I'm getting a total swashbuckling vibe and I love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
d1bd0a9bf70e2eb5156cb716a4b2c5db.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else think that droids behind Dragon looks a lot like Bollux (not sure of spelling) from the old Han Solo book trilogy?
72e989a94a4ae2cc35dbd6e6075ecd86.jpg

EDIT: must just be my clouded memory as Bollux and Blue Max had a few different artist interpretations

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
db0f5a014f9546962970a69a7e41b7d1.jpg

Last edited:
Post-GMA trailer:

You know what's kinda sad, is that with all of the gloom and doom surrounding any "hype", I found myself expecting mediocrity and bad acting, and while I totally enjoyed what I saw, one can't help a smidge of internal second-guessing..."Am I just in denial? I mean, acting coaches, right?"

Screw it. As far as casting choices with this film, a "meh" Han Solo isn't even my biggest concern. Things look Star Warsy, there was a wonderfully unpolished look about it, and I am so desperate to enjoy this film I'm ready to make excuses left and right for it if I have to. :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back