Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt In Progress

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgHey I just wanted to see if you were aware of the plates in the mouth area, the plate under the top plate being visible in the middle at the bottom between the bottom two points of the top plate. If u look at these pics u can see that this under plate(for lack of a better term)is visible with two ridges or protrusions in this chin area.

Also as I mentioned a few days ago the forehead/brow ridges curving into a more menacing angry appearance in the middle third eye area. Curving or sloping enough that it is visible even when viewing the helmet from slightly below and looking up at it. I don't think it's hugely angled, but if visible from angles below, it is significant in my opinion, and again does give the helmet a more aggressive dark side appearance/feel...again in my opinion. Hopefully u can see this in these pics!?
Hope this helps, that is my only intention-constructive criticism!
But again I love what u have done and really would love to acquire a cast when u make them available. Tremendous work and skill, top shelf! My fav that I've seen. Can't wait to see where u are with it now!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the compliments, comments and suggestions! All appreciated. Shortly after my last post here I got very busy with real-life stuff, and set this on the back burner. By the time I returned to it, the various licenced replicas and masks, many derived from the screen used helmet, had been released and I could see several areas of this sculpt that would need to be re-worked to be accurate. And honestly, the actual helmet (and the Kylo Ren character himself) doesn't interest me much now that I've seen the picture.Don't think that I'll continue with this sculpt, as there are so many other options for a Kylo mask available now. But I'll keep the WIP pictures for my portfolio and look elsewhere for inspiration for something else to sculpt. Suggestions?

I love the profile on this one. Most of the runs look a little too flat on the bottom when seen from the side. I love the sharp angle here! Sorry to hear you're not continuing, because I would have loved to see the final version. Nice work!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the compliments, comments and suggestions! All appreciated. Shortly after my last post here I got very busy with real-life stuff, and set this on the back burner. By the time I returned to it, the various licenced replicas and masks, many derived from the screen used helmet, had been released and I could see several areas of this sculpt that would need to be re-worked to be accurate. And honestly, the actual helmet (and the Kylo Ren character himself) doesn't interest me much now that I've seen the picture.Don't think that I'll continue with this sculpt, as there are so many other options for a Kylo mask available now. But I'll keep the WIP pictures for my portfolio and look elsewhere for inspiration for something else to sculpt. Suggestions?

You should cat this and make copies ! The sell me one

Nope, project was shelved.

That's too bad.. the best ones are made by hand I have plenty of helmets but just because I went out and bought this at target dont make it as special as something made feom your own hand. Judging by the picture I'm sure you will thrive in whatever you do.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back