Solo: A Star Wars Story

this isn't normal right? usually the premier is a week before the movies release right?

i remember back when i had social media and ep7 was coming out, i thought it was a week before... thats when i went a-wall from social media to avoid spoilers... same thing with R1... then never went to see it in theaters anyway

I'm not sure about the Disney releases. But I appeared on the red carpet with the severed head of Mark Hamill at the ROTS premiere. The date stamp on this photo is May 13, 2005. And the film opened to the public six days later, on May 19, 2005.

RedCarpetwithHamill 1.jpg

I'm not sure about the Disney releases. But I appeared on the red carpet with the severed head of Mark Hamill at the ROTS premiere. The date stamp on this photo is May 13, 2005. And the film opened to the public six days later, on May 19, 2005.

View attachment 816249

yeah i always remembered them being a week before... because of the week stretch of fear being spoiled... actually happened to me before ep7 on facebook... i un followed every SW related group i was in, and a freak'n ghostbusters page posted a image of snoke.. until then no one knew what the hell he looked like. i was pissed... stayed off of social media from there on out

Hhmmmm. Really, nobody with a twitter or facebook acount is going to totally slag it off publically. It sounds as if most of it DOES pass muster, though its interesting to note its Chewie and Lando that are attracting the bulk of the praise, along with the Falcon effects sequences. Which is pretty much what most of us were expecting. It sounds like a good movie, if not a totally brilliant SW film.
The most interesting thing I've read this morning is that John F has confirmed the TV series he is creating takes place seven years after the end of "The Return of the Jedi"!!! Now that peaked my attention. Sebastian your time has come I hope.
Full reviews will be able to post from 15th May.

Every time there is a new Star Wars film, all of the people who go to the premiere post rave reviews online and people get excited. Every single time. These opinions are not representative and if people posted their honest opinons, they wouldn't be invited to more Disney premieres.

Just one of a billion reasons not to listen to a random opinion.
And instead base it on what we know and the turds.. sorry, trailers they've released.

Given the premiere was last night, I'm guessing spoilers are available online. If anyone has a link to spoilers, please post it here.

And just to be clear, I'm not talking about reactions from the premiere's attendees. I'm talking about a full, detailed description of the movie's story.

Thanks.

The Wook

Alternate headline for the early reactions:

"Star Wars fanatics and Disney shills scream in the streets with overwhelming praise of yet another Star Wars movie."

I'll wait until the general public has a say. After opening weekend I'll check what the reviews are saying.

Honestly, I never go to a movie on opening weekend anymore. Aside from coming to really dislike seeing movies with big crowds, I'd much rather be able to gauge the public's reaction, unless it's a movie I intend to see regardless.

Given the premiere was last night, I'm guessing spoilers are available online. If anyone has a link to spoilers, please post it here.

And just to be clear, I'm not talking about reactions from the premiere's attendees. I'm talking about a full, detailed description of the movie's story.

Thanks.

The Wook

Someone over on r/starwarsleaks has seen it. Darth Maul makes a cameo. Jabba is mentioned but not shown. Emilia Clarke is NOT the villain.
Fett is not in the film.
On a conversation between the droid and Lando "Lando innocously asks "Can I get you anything?" when he leaves the pilots chair to go grab something. It was like when your buddy gets up to go grab a soda for himself or something. But she replies "Equal rights."

Enfys Nest is kind of like Holdo or Rose only she's cooler. I mean that in the sense that she's a character where you are like "Ok they purposely made her female" but not that it's bad. She just kicks ass but then she reveals herself and she's a young girl. Why they did that who knows? Seems like she should be a badass alien to me. Kind of forced to be a young female a little. Qi'ra is pretty darn cool IMO. No complaints about her. Well written and acted. L3 is awful and drags down Lando.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I’ve been on a 5 day Disney Cruise to Cabo. :) For the thousandth time, I’m an Investement Advisor, I don’t work for Disney but I just spent $6k for this trip and it was worth every penny!

Never trust the opinions of people invited by Disney that`s for sure. One of those tweets gushed over the movie then followed up with "doing interviews tomorrow". Hmmm

I think the mods need to change the rules about not talking politics. We need some less divisive topics :lol

FYI to anyone reading early reactions, there was totally a spoiler in some jagoff's tweet. Minor, maybe, but I was annoyed. Let my media blackout begin, I guess.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back