Solo: A Star Wars Story

Maybe my expectations are just really low, but I don't think these trailers look half-bad. Alden looks like a weak replacement for Harrison Ford but the rest of it looks decent.

I assume the younger generations will not be quite so totally put off by a new/different Han Solo. People are still gonna say Harrison was the best (it will be true). But I suspect the visceral objection to Alden will be higher among the older set. We've spent more years loving the Harrison-Han and we are fans of him from many other movies.

This is the best it's looked so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS37K3Lcf6g

When Emilia Clarke says "He does these stupid things that shouldn't work, but they do... and he does them with bravado"

I think that's one of the most accurate things that can be said about Han. It leaves me with the slightest bit of optimism. If they can execute that with extreme precision then they might be able to at least capture the essence of Han in this tiny little man. We'll see.

So... you think we'll get badass Han, from ANH and ESB, or cartoon Han, from ROTJ?

I doubt they'd be able to pull it off, but I think he's shy of a cartoon, but not quite a badass. He's cool as hell, don't get me wrong, but a consummate professional he is not. He's just charming even when he's wrong. He's somehow good at doing things without thinking about it, or good at doing things badly? I don't know. He's a hotshot emboldened by his many near brushes with death... many of those brushes with death he gets himself into.

I saw this earlier. I love the way the Falcon looks here, but at the same time its way too prestine. No way it goes from this to ANH condition in just 10 years. Even someone who isn't obsessed with his ship and puts little effort into keeping it up would be hard-pressed to trash it so thoroughly in so short a time.

Look... it's already started falling apart:

DCRHoVG.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back