What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

This is important stuff!

007.JPG

008.JPG

Millennium Falcon Legacy Toy Conversion.

I didn't get a radar dish with this toy, so I made one.....heated some styrene sheet over the gas BBQ, got it nice and soft, pulled it over the back of a stand up fan motor housing to get the curve, cut some plastic cable ties, ran some solder wire around the edge and cut up a fly swat.

dish 1.jpgdish 2.jpgdish 3.jpg

Millennium Falcon Legacy Toy Conversion.

I didn't get a radar dish with this toy, so I made one.....heated some styrene sheet over the gas BBQ, got it nice and soft, pulled it over the back of a stand up fan motor housing to get the curve, cut some plastic cable ties, ran some solder wire around the edge and cut up a fly swat.

View attachment 744634View attachment 744633View attachment 744632
That's some good ol' scratch building right there. Well done, looks great.

Prepping for San Diego Comicon. Have a panel on 3d printed Props tips and tricks. It's at 5:00 on Thursday at the Marriott if you all are going.
4fb068beb20d68e6dc4f3609f2eea24a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently....

YspvUid.jpg

Its kind of hard to see in the picture but the paint itself is a glossy purple. Still working out the power and lighting situation. So far, the LED strip on the back works great, but I'm wanting to do a Battery powered option so it can be hung on the wall sans wires. I have LED's and battery packs on order.
ZlP2MNy.jpg

I've also been trying to perfect this as well.

dDg63uu.jpg

It will be a Nuka Cola Quantum bottle lamp prop but I'll probably make the COD Perk A Cola bottles as well. I've made some decent progress. This was just a test of a different process. Coating the inside of the bottle is kinda tricky. I'll clean it up on the next one.

I've got a couple of 1L glass coke bottles that I brought back from Costa Rica, but the labels that they put on those bottles are of the Applied Ceramic variety. Its basically fused-on colored glass. Supposedly, there's a sanitizer used in the brewing industry that will take it off after a long soak, called Star San. I have a bottle of that coming in tomorrow so we'll see. I'm hopeful tho because those 1L Bottles are the bee's knees. They're huge and heavy. Grabbing one by the neck truly makes for a deadly weapon.

Well. I'm ready for con. The paint is done on this Toadhog gun! Now it just needs to cure. Still have to assemble the Thor Ragnarock helmet.
7d0a60268f3b61ea29f4dbae2a51e22e.jpg
ed183ae926ab682417897d9fec9f3d9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My work bench is currently covered with tooling. I'm building a ridiculously large rotocasting machine for the second version of my Mage: The Hero Discovered bat.

IMG_20170719_221712.jpg

I'm also building a steady rest for my MakerSpace's large lathe. I need it for the next project I'm doing with my daughter.

Steady Rest Laser Cutting.png

As soon as I finish these, I should be really productive.

That's some good ol' scratch building right there. Well done, looks great.

Thx for that ;)....I love scratch building. So much of everything we see on screen is so open to interpretation, where multiple models/props are created dependant on scale and filming requirements...... I studied multiple models across all the manufacturers and the production models......it's massively contradictory.....so I just made up my own interpretation. :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back