Indiana Jones Webley "WG" Revolver Replica

If I remember correctly, Rook's casts/mold were made from Wade's real MkVI without permission by the same guy that made the molds for Wade.

WOAH, wait a frakking minute there! Where did you hear THAT rumor? The WG I've used to make MY
moulds and MY guns was purchased BY me! All told I had a couple thousand dollars into making the
replicas including buying the real weapon! My WG was real steel and NOT a copy of ANYONE else's pistol!

Wade ALSO got access to his own real steel pistol and made his own molds. The only thing our weapon replicas
share in common is the fact they're BOTH Webley WG pistols. I guarantee you that the serial numbers on
my replica do not match Wade's. :)

Sorry for the late response (7 months late) to this thread. Just wanted to clear the air on this issue.

Russ

Russ

I'm glad to hear it. The rumor I heard never put any blame on you, but it's good to hear the guns were different.

I actually sold my first real steel WG with the 8000 series serial number about... a year and a half
ago. and replaced it with another. The new pistol I plan to mold as my current WG molds are getting
rougher and require a lot more work to get to the finished product. Which reminds me... I need to
get back to that project. The new job is taking a lot of time these days (yay for overtime pay!).

Russ

I can vouch for the extremely awesome quality of Rook's WG gun as I own a finished stunt version. Todd Coyle of Todd's Costumes tried a few years ago to drum up interest in a Plug Fire Cap version of Webley WG Revolver, but to have Tanaka Works in Japan make a new mold would cost a serious chunk of change. Like $50,000 dollars worth. Sadly the demand wasn't there to justify investing in the project. I hope one day that a really nice metal version gets made by someone, I'd even be happy with a Denix if it could be modded to be more accurate. Or better yet, Todd's is able to get his old project into production. I have one of his Raider's S+W PFC guns and it's crazy awesome.
s

I new to the group so forgive me if this seams like a silly question. I have a muppets meat Indians Jones themed bathroom (don't ask :) there a hat whip bag and holster hang on a hock . I thought the other day it would be nice to put something in the holster to make it look like the revolver was in it, I don't need a revolver because you don't see it, I live in England so getting gun's is hard and I didn't want to spend any money . Ha har I'll print something. Put like you all know once you start you get in to it. I found a good pic on the net and spent a day modelling it in SW. but the one thing I did have was a scale. so I guest thinking I would scale it once I knew. well I printed a quick one to see if I was close . then I thought there's bound to be some one on here who has one who can give me a dimension . here hoping . anyone what the 3D file just let me know indy revolver.jpg

The barrel was cut down to 4" for the movie on both the revolvers used. That's about 101.6mm and I'm pretty sure that length goes to the cylinder face and not just where the barrel meets the frame. looks like 2/3 or 3/4 of an inch of the barrel would be cut off from your measurement as that would be in the frame but I don't know the exact measurement.

And Rook 3, if/when you get your WG replicas up and going I would love to get one:thumbsup

While this isn't the EXACT model of gun used by Indiana Jones in Last Crusade and Crystal Skull, I think it's the closest we'll ever get. The WG Mark VI Webley. It's a fully functional top break revolver replica with a FULL METAL CONSTRUCTION and ABS grips. Made by WinGun, this is a fully functional bb gun.

Needless to say, I just ordered one. There are several versions. A black, silver, and weathered version, all depending on where you purchase them.

http://www.airgundepot.com/webley-mkvi-revolver.html

I know this is a gun sought after by MANY Indiana Jones fans and while it's not the Army model, it's still really really close! Plus it's a functional top break replica to boot. Just thought I would pass this on to my fellow Indy Gear fans.

The webley is a beautiful gun and breathes some serious adventure. Too bad the Japanese don't make them anymore. Well, at least we always have the cheaper Spanish Denix versions to work with.

Apologies for bringing up an old topic, but is anyone still making a decent WG replica?

I contacted a guy selling his own WG replicas recently, but had an unpleasant run-in with him. The guy seems to change names on a daily basis, after he curses out his customers, so I'd rather deal with someone else. Is Rook still making them?

Thanks guys,

-Max

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back