Fallout 4 Mini Nuke

Needmorecache

Clearly still a work in progress, but this is my first attempt at making something.
Printed on the Davinci Jr. at .1 slow. Lots of clean up to get it to this point, I haven't taken any more pictures but I put a coat of weathered metal paint on it and followed it with a coat of OD green. It's drying while I'm at work I'll try and post more pictures when I get home.
13814637_10206812114241964_136420062_n.jpg

What kind of clean up did you need to do on it? It's made to require no cleanup or supports.

Looks quite good for a davinci print!

I revisited the game, just before supplying power to the Institute I dropped one of these bad boys on the group of scientist.

Your work is exceptional...now it brings back such happy memories. *tears of joys being shed*

What kind of clean up did you need to do on it? It's made to require no cleanup or supports.

the design was very nice but the printer is cheap I had to file and trim the edges of each piece as well as sanding the occasional erroneous layer line. Unfortunately, again due to the printer not the model, the parts were not snap together so it is being held together with super glue. Didn't get a chance to take any pictures last night but hopefully I have some here soon.

- - - Updated - - -
@JPH Thank you, I wish I had more time to play, one of these weekends I am gonna get back into it; I just need to finish my mile long honey-do list first.

Last edited:
Ah cool, as a designer, I'm just curious if there are things that I'm not considering when designing. I use Ultimaker's so the precision and repeatability is quite good so I don't have to deal with a lot of those issues I presume, but learning from other people's hurdles is always good. There's no way I can test them on all the different machines myself.

Quick little update I have put an additional coat of OD green on here and laid it on pretty thick while the initial coat was still drying in order to get a crackle effect for weathering, it imade for some nice spots that show the metal base color underneath, hard to see in the pictures. Hopefully going to put the red and yellow on today.
20160727_000032.jpg20160727_000041.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized Valcrow is the person that designed this, Thank you so much for making this available. It is an awesome model, I intend to make at least one more; if this one turns out well and will be cos-play the lone wanderer or the lone survivor at a con in December. Now I just have to figure out how I am going to design a fatman to go with it. I see many hardware store trips in my future. Thanks again!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back