Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts

Thanks for posting Roy ... your Luke ESB looks fantastic indeed with those parts ... well done! :) ... Now where did I leave my vintage G R A F L E X parts, screws, rivets, D-ring - grumble - Kobold, extra red button ... oy, yoy yoy so much to do :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:

It looks great but isn't the upper tube facing the ANH way? Also, I thought the tape was textured, is that not true anymore?

Hi all!

I finally created my own Luke ESB! I also made pictures of each step in the process and made a tutorial for it, which I added to the WannaWanga website:
http://wannawanga.com/tutorials/luke-esb-tutorial/

Here's the result:
View attachment 419925View attachment 419926View attachment 419927

Roy
Great tutorial, indeed.

But PoopaPapaPalps is correct and compared to your ESB blueprints you will notice that the Graflex head piece is assembled like the ANH style saber.
It looks great but isn't the upper tube facing the ANH way? Also, I thought the tape was textured, is that not true anymore?

Yeah, you guys are correct! I will rotate the top part and make some new pics in the new year. :)

I updated the tutorial and made some new pics!

http://wannawanga.com/tutorials/luke-esb-tutorial/

P1020117.jpg

Happy New Year and May The Force Awaken!
Roy

I thought the first tutorial was great and somehow you made it better. Have you looked into recreating the Clamps? Specifically Vaders MPP? I'm trying to find one with no luck? I know Parks sells them, but as a relatively new RPFer, I've read they can be questionable...

Parks is a matter of perspective ... he recently sold 6 complete replica MPP's and they were superb quality ... so the more you order the better his overall service ... or so it seems. MPP clamps are quite a handfull to recreate for just a few and it's a matter of costs versus demand to even start thinking about it. So for now Parks is your only hope :)

Chaim

Parks is a matter of perspective ... he recently sold 6 complete replica MPP's and they were superb quality ... so the more you order the better his overall service ... or so it seems. MPP clamps are quite a handfull to recreate for just a few and it's a matter of costs versus demand to even start thinking about it. So for now Parks is your only hope :)

Chaim

I was looking at and got some advice from another member that JQ's MPP's are exactly the same as Parks (minus questionable reputation). Can anyone chime in on this?

jq sabers are based in Wales ... and Daren and his wife are parttime European lightsaber suppliers i.e. Parks and other parts ... great to deal with :)

Chaim

Chaim

Sounds like Parks it will be. Also looks like I will have to order me some of Chaim's hardware... Thanks guys.

My hardware? You mean Roy's perhaps .. I don't sell anything ... just assist anyone wherever I can in regards to OT lightsaber whereabouts and vintage parts knowledge :)

Chaim

I thought the first tutorial was great and somehow you made it better. Have you looked into recreating the Clamps? Specifically Vaders MPP? I'm trying to find one with no luck? I know Parks sells them, but as a relatively new RPFer, I've read they can be questionable...

Thanks, and yes, the MPP parts are next on the list for reproduction, like the shroud and possibly the clamp. I first have to investigate the details and possibilities (with Chaim's help!). I don't know when yet!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

Thanks, and yes, the MPP parts are next on the list for reproduction, like the shroud and possibly the clamp. I first have to investigate the details and possibilities (with Chaim's help!). I don't know when yet!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

My first flash arrived today! After starting this project, I've become fascinated with these old flashes. Thinking about ordering your t-tracks, but should I wait to see if you come up with any of your own plans for Vader parts?

My first flash arrived today! After starting this project, I've become fascinated with these old flashes. Thinking about ordering your t-tracks, but should I wait to see if you come up with any of your own plans for Vader parts?

Don't hold your horses! It will take a while before those are done. And if we'll manage that successfully at all! I haven't even started to investigate them yet. Sorry!
And I know what you mean by becoming fascinated; I still don't understand what's gotten into me! I even find myself hunting the web for boots and robes now!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back