Blade Runner Cell Phone

C0mmand3rC0dy

Sr Member
A WIP on a kit by an awesome member here. Planning on adding lights just for the transmit and mute functions.

Fingers crossed, it will be done by the end of the week. Damn Texas heat!

Attachments

• IMG_20140823_162648.jpg
    IMG_20140823_162648.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Ooh! Very cool! Looking forward to seeing more pictures and description of your process!
Anything Blade Runner is awesome in my book :D

btw, where might one find more info about said kit, good sir?

Sorry to say I don't recognize this piece but from my point of view are we looking at a piece of tech from the future which now looks like something from our past????

Guess I\m due to watch blade runner again then soon and as I thought it is like looking at a future tech device which we have already surpassed!

Oh sorry, was scratching my head trying to recall it in the movie but it.s been some years. Could I ask has anyone got a bead on those whisky glasses which Decker drinks and then bleeds in to they are stunning and at risk of starting a flame fest perhaps my favorite prop in the movie.

I think I'm going to be boring and keep the screen blank, just because I wouldn't be able to choose one graphic that I liked. Apparently my phone went nuts spelling my first post...

Everything is primed now, I'm just going to take it slowly now. The battery is going to magnetically attach to the phone in case you would need to "swap" it out. I'm basing my color scheme off a Johnson Arms photo I have saved.

Updated photo below. View attachment 367547

Sorry to say I don't recognize this piece but from my point of view are we looking at a piece of tech from the future which now looks like something from our past????
The movie was made in '82. How many other things in the film look that way? No flat screen monitors, no touch screen technology, etc.

Guess I\m due to watch blade runner again then soon and as I thought it is like looking at a future tech device which we have already surpassed!
It was made to look like something that an early '80's prop maker would have designed. Something to keep in the look of that prop era.

Monitor image cleaned up by kurtyboy.
vid01.JPG

vid02.JPG

One of the 3D printed master parts. On the right is a jpig of the file for that part.
vid03.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back