Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Bryan, things are really slow around here when we arent online, we really should get our own You Tube channel and make an absolute fortune. Think of it. I could retire and you could buy your soul back from Disney.:lol

No need, Disney will help pay for my retirement! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just clarifying the criteria of the original question.

So did my responses not meet your criteria for the question?

Obsolent? That's not a word....Not trying to be a jerk about it, just literally do not understand what point you're trying to make.

What story is that? The film tells us (through Leia) that while what Poe did may have resulted in a short-term tactical victory, in the long run, he needlessly lost lives (and was not thinking like a leader should).

I guess I just don't agree with your interpretation of the movie. I think TLJ solidifies that BOTH Kylo and Rey are strong force users. While one might say "oh, but Kylo is even more emo in this movie!" he offs Snoke and takes control of the First Order. Remember Yoda's lesson? Masters are what their students grow beyond....Kylo grows beyond Snoke in power, except, you know, he's unhinged (which sets up the third movie in a way ROTJ was not, it raises the stakes because Kylo is not a rational actor). Likewise, whether or not one agrees with the creative decision to have Luke force-project himself onto Crait, the fact that he does it, actually solidifies the fact that Luke has re-connected to the force and is still one of its most powerful wielders. Kylo says to Rey: "you can't be doing this, the effort would kill you." Luke one-ups Kylo on what he (Kylo) thinks are the limits of force abilities. That's why Kylo doesn't realize Luke isn't there...he can't even comprehend Luke having the ability to do that in the first place.

Also, Finn does the exact opposite of what you're claiming the film does to its male characters. He's trying to desert (again), which ostensibly would demonstrate weakness. Yet by the end of the film, he's ready to sacrifice himself to buy the Resistance time to escape. It's the ultimate act of self-sacrifice.

Sorry i meant obsolete. But was in a hurry and now realise that the meaning of obsolete could differ in range and usage in the english language compared to my native.

I think that movie is a trainwreck mostly because of it's terrible script. I agree that Rey and Kylo are both strong force users. My sympathy goes with Kylo, not because he's male, just because he trained his abilities, suffered, developed. He's just the more interesting character. Rey is simply... well strong in the force, better than anyone else in everything she does for no reason.

Just imagine Holdo would have told Poe what her plan was.

Finns character was reset (he trying to flee, same as TFA) and this Jar Jar person has to teach him about right and wrong. Finn was kidnapped and turned into a stormtrooper against his will, so his turning against the FO shows he knows that already. So besides his plot was just bad, it made his character even weaker. His sacrifice was wrong, the suicide Jar Jar said. That was his lesson.

I don't talk about the whole plot around Luke anymore. It was great acting (Hamill) despite a poor writing.

Last edited:
Here`s the longer version of that incredible, pretty much fan made sequence. Once again, heres how you take something thats already been done and make it better.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=star+wars+scene+38+reimagined[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

As in you don't accept my moments as valid and worthy or something more abstract?

I dont think they even come close to the moments I brought up in the post. How clear do you need it to be?

Those moments had real soul, Oh...thats right I forgot.:lol

I haven't seen a lot of people complaining solely about certain roles being female. I've seen people complaining about some females' roles, and others automatically assuming they are misogynists.

Absolutely. Hollow characters and terrible writing are gender free, As I`ve said in the past, even the aliens droids and animals in this movie all suffer from that same problem.

Well how about explain why my "moments" are invalid.

I`ve already done that,

- - - Updated - - -

How bout we give other people a chance to point out the moments in TLJ that have a special place in their hearts and will live forever like all the moments in the OT that did it for me?

I think that movie is a trainwreck mostly because of it's terrible script. I agree that Rey and Kylo are both strong force users. My sympathy goes with Kylo, not because he's male, just because he trained his abilities, suffered, developed. He's just the more interesting character. Rey is simply... well strong in the force, better than anyone else in everything she does for no reason.

Here's where I'm coming from with this. I think it's reasonable if somebody wants to argue that the films don't show that Rey receives enough training to be as powerful as she is portrayed. It's not an argument I necessarily agree with, but I can see in my head how some might read the film(s) that way. I don't accept that either TFA or TLJ shows "no reason" for imbuing Rey with her force abilities. She clearly gets some sort of Force knowledge by osmosis (for lack of a better word) when Kylo is trying to read her mind in TFA. She pulls a lightsaber from the snow, which is the same thing Luke did with very minimal training. Some people are stronger with the force than others (midichlorians or not), and she happens to be one.

And then just for myself, I know Kylo was fairly well received in TFA, but I didn't think he was nearly as strong a villain as he is at the end of TLJ.

Just imagine Holdo would have told Poe what her plan was.

I guess I don't see how this would have made Holdo a "better" character.

Finns character was reset (he trying to flee, same as TFA) and this Jar Jar person has to teach him about right and wrong. Finn was kidnapped and turned into a stormtrooper against his will, so his turning against the FO shows he knows that already. So besides his plot was just bad, it made his character even weaker. His sacrifice was wrong, the suicide Jar Jar said. That was his lesson.

I don't talk about the whole plot around Luke anymore. It was great acting (Hamill) despite a poor writing.

I disagree that Rose is positioned as a Jar-Jar character for comic relief. She's the everywoman who represents the moral values of the Resistance. And fair enough if you think the performance or writing as off...but...Jar Jar? Cmon....

As far as Finn, I got a little more from his arc than that. He wants out of the FO and out of the conflict in TFA. In TLJ, although he is deserting, he's all about Rey. He's not leaving so he can avoid the fight, he's leaving to protect Rey from coming back to the peril that the Resistance fleet is in.

Just asking, so don't be a passive aggressive ***** in response, but the timeless moments that have been mentioned from the OT have had 30+ years to prove themselves as such. How can things less than a month old be judged in the same way?

Btw... The ones that have been mentioned here definitely spoke to me, but I can't yet call them timeless.

Edit...

No idea why that censored me. To be clear, I used the a followed by two dollar signs.

Just asking, so don't be a passive aggressive ***** in response, but the timeless moments that have been mentioned from the OT have had 30+ years to prove themselves as such. How can things less than a month old be judged in the same way?

Btw... The ones that have been mentioned here definitely spoke to me, but I can't yet call them timeless.

Eminently reasonable. :)

Here's where I'm coming from with this. I think it's reasonable if somebody wants to argue that the films don't show that Rey receives enough training to be as powerful as she is portrayed. It's not an argument I necessarily agree with, but I can see in my head how some might read the film(s) that way. I don't accept that either TFA or TLJ shows "no reason" for imbuing Rey with her force abilities. She clearly gets some sort of Force knowledge by osmosis (for lack of a better word) when Kylo is trying to read her mind in TFA. She pulls a lightsaber from the snow, which is the same thing Luke did with very minimal training. Some people are stronger with the force than others (midichlorians or not), and she happens to be one.

And then just for myself, I know Kylo was fairly well received in TFA, but I didn't think he was nearly as strong a villain as he is at the end of TLJ.

Rey does not work for many people, including me. Kylos motivations are more reasonable, even the whole "Luke wants to kill him in his sleep for a second" is a confession of not understanding the OT. This is surely arguable for some people.

I guess I don't see how this would have made Holdo a "better" character.

Well, not telling him made absoluteley no sense. And like I said before another, more established character, would've worked better.

I disagree that Rose is positioned as a Jar-Jar character for comic relief. She's the everywoman who represents the moral values of the Resistance. And fair enough if you think the performance or writing as off...but...Jar Jar? Cmon....

As far as Finn, I got a little more from his arc than that. He wants out of the FO and out of the conflict in TFA. In TLJ, although he is deserting, he's all about Rey. He's not leaving so he can avoid the fight, he's leaving to protect Rey from coming back to the peril that the Resistance fleet is in.

I don't get anything from Finn in TLJ. He was an interesting character in TFA and with his backstory there were much more possibilities to do something more interesting and important in TLJ. In my opinion he got wasted.

Jar Jar is a synonym for annoying SW characters. Rose annoyed me a lot. I even think Jar Jar is a better character, just for theories. He's still annoying.

Rey does not work for many people, including me. Kylos motivations are more reasonable, even the whole "Luke wants to kill him in his sleep for a second" is a confession of not understanding the OT. This is surely arguable for some people.

Well, not telling him made absoluteley no sense. And like I said before another, more established character, would've worked better.

I don't get anything from Finn in TLJ. He was an interesting character in TFA and with his backstory there were much more possibilities to do something more interesting and important in TLJ. In my opinion he got wasted.

Jar Jar is a synonym for annoying SW characters. Rose annoyed me a lot. I even think Jar Jar is a better character, just for theories. He's still annoying.

Eminently reasonable.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back