Vader MPP bubble mounting

Aside from the place-holding LEDs that looks very accurate to the limited reference we have.

Your prototype clearly shows why this part didn't make for a good looking hero as the board sticks out past the edge of the clamp.
Which is too bad IMHO, as it would have been pretty neat.

Well done!

Aside from the place-holding LEDs that looks very accurate to the limited reference we have.

Your prototype clearly shows why this part didn't make for a good looking hero as the board sticks out past the edge of the clamp.
Which is too bad IMHO, as it would have been pretty neat.

Well done!

I would imagine the board would have been cut down the same as the bubbles were...

Yes, to fit, it would have to be cut down. However we see 7 in the photo, indicating that to be accurate it board would overhang the clamp.

Hey guys,

I'm very new to the vintage prop community, and within the last week purchased a non-patented Folmer 3-Cell as well as a Exactra 20 calculator to send to scottjua for a ANH build. I received both in the mail within the last 24-hours, and a guy mentioned on Facebook after a post I made that there were different variants in the bubble strips.

Having no clue about these sort of things and scared to mess anything up, I was planning on sending everything to Scott untouched, but I was curious to see what variant bubble strip I might have and figured it wouldn't hurt to just remove the face of the calculator to snap a few pics. Here's what I found:

Yes, to fit, it would have to be cut down. However we see 7 in the photo, indicating that to be accurate it board would overhang the clamp.

Good catch! Totally missed that! At least the overhang isn't too extreme if you look at Marv's build...

Last edited by a moderator:
Still eager to hear any progress on a replica from slothfurnace. Also, Nickcline, welcome to the forum. I sent a PM last week- if you don't need that circuit board under the bubble strip for your Luke build, I would be interested in it for my vader build- if it has the red led's.

I was gonna pick up a couple of slothfurnace's clamp cards but was hoping someone that ordered one of the BLUE cards might post what it looks like fully installed in a clamp with the bubble strip...I've seen the green but couldn't find a pic of a blue one yet. Thanks!

Slothfurnace, were you able to work on the potential replica of the red led circuit board?

I never got a sample to copy. I didn't want to bug the person who offered to send me one, but I can't really dupe it without seeing it up close and measuring it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back