Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Those guns turned out great. I see each one is a bit smaller than a coin. How big were the ones ILM made for their SD if you know? I'm sure at least a bit bigger.

Thanks JediMichael!

I have no idea how big the guns are that are on the Studio Scale Star Destroyer. However, I think someone on this site that is making a SS Star Destroyer would know,.. if he would care to offer a comment.

The brass is done. I'll start work on the hull sections next where these will be placed.

12643007_897818780339747_8959796987817940173_n.jpg

Whot?! No Coke Can Scaling? Using a dime and not a Loonie or Toonie? :D Kidding of course. Those canons are looking the part for sure!! Keep up the great work.

Whot?! No Coke Can Scaling? Using a dime and not a Loonie or Toonie? :D Kidding of course. Those canons are looking the part for sure!! Keep up the great work.

I was waiting for a banana for scale actually. The internet has ruined me.

Do you use any specific tools for scribing or is it just a hobby knife and a ruler? This build just keeps getting better.

A member of my Scratchy Facebook page asked this same question, all I use is an Xacto knife, straight edge and finish off with a scribe tool. The scribe tool can be found at your local hobby store or an online store like micromark.com

Last edited:
when this is finished i think it will be up there in my top 3 scratch builds of all time!
wait , scratch that, IT IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When ever I've read about someone from ILM talking about the SD, they call it the "white" model. Although it does seem to have a bit of gray in it, but I think the lighting made it look more gray then it is.
I just went with the primer for mine, as it looks good like that.
I would think at the least, use a very light gray......when its time to paint yours.....about 7 years away right.....haha.......

When ever I've read about someone from ILM talking about the SD, they call it the "white" model. Although it does seem to have a bit of gray in it, but I think the lighting made it look more gray then it is.
I just went with the primer for mine, as it looks good like that.
I would think at the least, use a very light gray......when its time to paint yours.....about 7 years away right.....haha.......

I already determined the paint for this build years ago. I have the primary and secondary engines, as well as the main and secondly hanger painted with this whitish gray. There's pics on page 19

hows it going scratchy

Haven't done much with her. I'll post pics when I have something to show.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back