Gizmo from the My science project movie

Lol maybe the guy who owns the blueprints could do some Hi res scans and post them here for all to try to build something with them. Hint Hint :D

Sorry I don't come on here very often , blueprints have been digitised and I will be doing a 3D print in 1.18 scale first and then a 1.1 scale print. The Tesla globe has been sorted which ended up being a standard size so a custom globe was not required.
I will try and drop by a bit more often but silence doesn't mean nothing is happening ;)

WoodChuck here. I got the DVD from Santa. I am going to get as many screen shots as I can. I am going to attempt to build Gizmo using only those screen shots as reference.
I build in wood and will use whatever parts I can create, source, or repurpose. the guy on here that has the actual blue prints isn't sharing any details. that's OK, his choice.
My version may not be as accurate as that one will be, but it will be a Gizmo!

could have sworn back in the early pages of this thread when they were attempting to find the source of the ball, someone contacted the guy that built the prop, or at least his estate. IIRC, it was a custom made plasma sphere closer to 10 or 11 inches in diameter. I remember someone saying that currently available plasma balls you could get at Spencer's, Target, et al, were too small to be accurate.

I have one in storage that is 11 or 12 in diameter which is what the one used probably was.

could have sworn back in the early pages of this thread when they were attempting to find the source of the ball, someone contacted the guy that built the prop, or at least his estate. IIRC, it was a custom made plasma sphere closer to 10 or 11 inches in diameter. I remember someone saying that currently available plasma balls you could get at Spencer's, Target, et al, were too small to be accurate.

Was bored and did a search you still can get large plasma balls for about $250.00 to $500.00 so they are still being made

Hey guy anything new I'm chomping at the bit here!
The Prop will live again ( functioning Timewarp maybe not )

I was going through the original blueprints this morning so I thought I would put up some pics, It looks like the scale of the drawings are 1.1 full size ( big drawings) and as I mentioned before the detailing of the gold etching and patterns on it are amazing . ( details don't come up very well in pics )

They list out
- gold etch areas
- fibre optic lights
- the pull out arm mechs
- rotating top panel
- the tesla light/plasma globe

We will list up some build pics/progress as we go.View attachment 625957View attachment 625958View attachment 625959

Last edited:
Was the Tesla Light/Plasma Globe Custom-made?
Other than that Movie I've Never seen one that operated like the Film Prop!

Don't know. But if there's one thing I do know, a majority of the time, props are typically either purposefully designed and scratchbuilt, or are often items that are use modified or viewed in a different way. So, there might be a chance the plasma globe may have been store bought and the rest of the prop built up around it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that I stopped producing spaceship kits.

Im getting back to my special projects.

And this one is very special!

Ya, I was hoping we would get to see scans of those drawings at some point. I watch this movie once every 3-4 months. Definitely not a movie for someone who gets offended easily though. Some of the lines in it would never make it to the screen in todays world.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back