Bandai release schedule

So, let me be your armchair therapist :lol:cheers and say you need to get that box out of your home and out of your life! If you can't build it because it reminds you of the prequels, and it's going to end up in the landfill, I'll take it off your hands! I'll pay for shipping and handling! :thumbsup No, really!
Only shipping and handling? See? I'm already losing money on the deal. :lol

Only shipping and handling? See? I'm already losing money on the deal. :lol

You said it was going to the landfill! You're losing money either way! By taking it off your hands, I'm saving you from having to look at a reminder of the prequels. You don't want to sell it but don't want to look at it. So, the way I figure it, I'm doing you a service by getting it out of sight and mind years (knock on wood) sooner! :D

You said it was going to the landfill! You're losing money either way! By taking it off your hands, I'm saving you from having to look at a reminder of the prequels. You don't want to sell it but don't want to look at it. So, the way I figure it, I'm doing you a service by getting it out of sight and mind years (knock on wood) sooner! :D
Yeah, but if it goes to a landfill after I'm dead, I won't care. ;)

Not saying I don't want Bandai to make everyone's favorite kits in their preferred scale, but I'd really rather see Bandai first fill in the gaps of kits that either haven't been done before (TIE Bomber, Blockade Runner) or haven't been done well (B-Wing, Republic gunship). Thankfully, Bandai is churning out kits at such a fast pace that we can reasonably expect at least a few of these in the next few years.

Maybe they can get away with some non-flat 1/72 clone troopers if they're molded to the floorboards of the gunship.

You'd think it would be obvious that small model figures that are not articulated would not be considered "action figures" and therefore not a violation of some other company's vendor contract, but these are business people and lawyers we're talking about. I suspect the toy company execs and lawyers blocking Bandai know damn well that Bandai's model figures aren't competition in any way, but their egos and territorial obsessions won't allow them to ever admit it.

You'd think it would be obvious that small model figures that are not articulated would not be considered "action figures" and therefore not a violation of some other company's vendor contract, but these are business people and lawyers we're talking about. I suspect the toy company execs and lawyers blocking Bandai know damn well that Bandai's model figures aren't competition in any way, but their egos and territorial obsessions won't allow them to ever admit it.

I know it is popular to disparage those we disagree with. But in reality all these people are doing is there jobs. Every patent applicant shoots for the broadest possible interpretation of their idea. Every lawyer (who wants to keep their job) fights to win their case and maximize their clients return.

Don't expect this to change, like, ever.

And no, I'm neither a lawyer, nor a patent applicant. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know it is popular to disparage those we disagree with. But in reality all these people are doing is there jobs. Every patent applicant shoots for the broadest possible interpretation of their idea. Every lawyer (who wants to keep their job) fights to win their case and maximize their clients return.

These are also the same people that essentially forever locked up all the property disney lifted from "public domain"

Apple tried to patent "a Rectangle with rounded corners" design with their iPad- if it had worked every table made would either have to pay royalty or resort to square or beveled corners...

Don't use Twitter- anybody else see anything about a Bandai TIE/Bomber there?

I think we're saying the same thing. I would add that in some cases disparaging those we disagree is our job as consumers when business people and their lawyers get so wrapped up in the "fight" that they lose perspective on what's right. :cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back