Bandai release schedule

I'll put this here first, since this tends to be where most of the people interested in building the Baindai kits check in with some regularity...

If anyone has the early-issue standing pilot figures (not silhouettes) and doesn't want them, let me know. I've got a Vader. I'm wanting 2 TIE Pilots and an X-Wing Pilot, if possible.

Thanks in advance, guys.

--Jonah

I'll put this here first, since this tends to be where most of the people interested in building the Baindai kits check in with some regularity...

If anyone has the early-issue standing pilot figures (not silhouettes) and doesn't want them, let me know. I've got a Vader. I'm wanting 2 TIE Pilots and an X-Wing Pilot, if possible.

Thanks in advance, guys.

--Jonah
I wonder how people would feel about recasts of them. Not for profit or anything. Just so that people can have them.

I'm not proposing this, BTW. It's a philosophical question.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder how people would feel about recasts of them. Not for profit or anything. Just so that people can have them.

I'm not proposing this, BTW. It's a philosophical question.

I'll see your philosophical and raise you a hypothetical. I may or may not have plied all my Google-fu to see if anyone is doing such, or even put 3D-scanned/modeled replicas/upgrades on Shapeways.

Blue Squadron mini X-wing:

ba63-840x480.jpg

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/220371

Hat tip Chaingkaischecky.

Ugh! Why are ALL the models soooo fricking small??? Why is it soo hard for them to make larger ships? Yeah ok they have one millennium falcon perfect grade. Ooooo because there aren’t a bunch of MF kits out there! Sorry just a little bummed that we can’t get a good sized slave 1 or a large new x-wing. I love how bandi makes there kits for sure. But damn the tiny little ones. At-at’s and star Destroyers are huge but we get tiny little ones???? Ok rant over

Hi, folks. As it seems Bandai is in no hurry to create a 1/72 Slave 1, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how accurate the Fine Molds 1/72 is. I know the Fine Molds Falcon is pretty inaccurate compared to the new Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon. However, to my eyes, the Fine Molds Slave 1 looks pretty dead on to the studio model. Thoughts?

FNMSW-07box.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Jango version and it's very accurate. The only small inaccuracy I noticed was it's missing an undercut grooze where the curved panels meet above the cockpit glass. Kind of minor, but once you know it's wrong you see it every time.
IMG_0025.JPG

Hi, folks. As it seems Bandai is in no hurry to create a 1/72 Slave 1, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how accurate the Fine Molds 1/72 is. I know the Fine Molds Falcon is pretty inaccurate compared to the new Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon. However, to my eyes, the Fine Molds Slave 1 looks pretty dead on to the studio model. Thoughts?

http://japan-cool.co.uk/WebRoot/Nam...CFC0/B8ED/DEE2/C0A8/190B/0280/FNMSW-07box.jpg

It is a beautiful kit. An expensive one too these days!!!

http://japan-cool.co.uk/WebRoot/Nam...CFC0/B8ED/DEE2/C0A8/190B/0280/FNMSW-07box.jpg

If you can find it for less than $100, then I'd say go for it. I've got it in the stash, but I'm a bit daunted by the crazy chipped and layered paint job. I just don't think my skillz are there yet.

SB

If you can find it for less than $100, then I'd say go for it. I've got it in the stash, but I'm a bit daunted by the crazy chipped and layered paint job. I just don't think my skillz are there yet.

SB

I've already gotten it. It's been in my stash for 3 years, but I wondered if the Bandai version would come out and I'd build it instead.

I've already gotten it. It's been in my stash for 3 years, but I wondered if the Bandai version would come out and I'd build it instead.

Man. If Bandai came out with a 1/72 Slave I, that'd be awesome. It's up there on the wish list with the 1/48 Y-Wing.

SB

If you can find it for less than $100, then I'd say go for it.
$100? American dollars?? I didn't realize those Fine Molds kits had become so collectable yet. Anybody wanna' buy my Jango Fett version? :D

I've got it in the stash, but I'm a bit daunted by the crazy chipped and layered paint job. I just don't think my skillz are there yet.
This is one of the reasons I haven't started on my Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon yet...well, that and the thought of gluing 900+ pieces together. I've been building models off-and-on since 1969, and I don't think my paint skills are good enough to do the kit justice. Basecoating and detail painting aren't a problem, but I've never really done any weathering on any of my models so I'll need to practice that a lot before I tackle the Falcon. Fortunately I have about 200-300 kits in my stash (maybe more, I haven't counted them) so I won't be hurting for practice material.

Yeah there's a Jango version on eBay right now for $87, and that's about how much those ones go for. It's Boba that demands a higher price.

SB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back