Rey's Gun TFA

Here's the first polishing test on a scrap piece (hence the print lines)

This is a pretty good representation of the actual color. A little darker than I'd like

20160118_221513_zpsr9wxtnoo.jpg

And here is how well it catches the light. It definitely is capable of shining!

20160118_221221_zpsadb7do8b.jpg

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the filament, but I do wish the final color was a bit lighter. Should make for a nice display piece though!

Is anyone on here currently selling 3d printed kits of this?
I made one for my daughter already and I'm considering printing more to barter for the other costume pieces for her costume (belt, bag, sash, goggles, etc) I'm not a seamster(?) but I could crank out the pistols.

I'm printing her staff next (kid sized).
5c20add2327768a784f749d7699cbd23.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is anyone on here currently selling 3d printed kits of this?

Here's the first test paint of my version. High-res print with a working trigger, moving safety lever and it assembles from separate pieces like the screen used (as far as we know) does. (Note: photo shows inaccurate grips and safety. Final kits have correct flared grips and accurate safety.) Linking to JY sales is not allowed as per RPF rules, so you'll have to search for it in the runs section.
attachment.php

As is often the case, my enthusiasm for a personal project was tempered by my clients expecting me to finish their projects.

In the weeds. Gonna be a while before I get back to that corner of my bench.

-Rylo

@Rylo any more teasing on what you've come up with so far?

As is often the case, my enthusiasm for a personal project was tempered by my clients expecting me to finish their projects.

In the weeds. Gonna be a while before I get back to that corner of my bench.

-Rylo

Clients are lame like that. Look forward to whatever you come up with!

In the meantime, I've decided I really need to learn some 3D modeling, so I'm taking a crack at it. Here's about 4 hours into the process, using AutoDesk Fusion 360 (thanks to s2jesse for the helpful videos and tips!)

screenshot_zpstapy84k7.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot_zpstapy84k7.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 69
    144.3 KB · Views: 64
    144.3 KB · Views: 66
    144.3 KB · Views: 70
    144.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone assist with the complete list of screws needed? It appears that there are a total of (4) different styles used:

1) The most common tamper proof torx screw (M4 or #8 in size)

2) The screws on the grips (Qty. 4 - aluminum hex button screws)

3) Some sort of smaller tamper proof screw?

4) Smaller hex cap style screw?

ray_blaster_screw_list(web).jpg

Can someone assist with the complete list of screws needed? It appears that there are a total of (4) different styles used:

1) The most common tamper proof torx screw (M4 or #8 in size)

2) The screws on the grips (Qty. 4 - aluminum hex button screws)

3) Some sort of smaller tamper proof screw?

4) Smaller hex cap style screw?

View attachment 583254

I have seen builds that put screw "1" in your diagram as closer to M3 in size, and screw "2", also a security screw, closer to M5. I haven't confirmed this first hand though. It also depends on how large your are scaling your build. You can find them on ebay listed under torx security screws.

Screws 3 and 4 in other photos are both the same screw and appear to be simple socket head cap screws in a smaller size:
The-Force-Awakens-Battle-Props-in-Close-up-37.jpg
3rd pic here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250356&p=3819934&viewfull=1#post3819934

Anyone know what's with this diagnonal line in front of the grip? It's not present in the Wired photos or the ones in the Disney Parks. Is it maybe part of a clear stand that was cropped out holding it up?

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 5.09.24 PM.png

Anyone know what's with this diagnonal line in front of the grip? It's not present in the Wired photos or the ones in the Disney Parks. Is it maybe part of a clear stand that was cropped out holding it up?

View attachment 583465

We had this discussion a while back, another photo from that angle shows no line so the conclusion was that it was fishing line used to suspend the blaster for that photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin

Looks cool, is that software version free?

Vader yep its free for students, hobbyiests and startups. etc.
Autodesk is putting a ton of resources into it as well. They are constantly updating it with new features.

Btw i have no allegience to autodesk i just think its a really great product and its just getting better.

Here is the little tutorial I did if you didn't see it in the other thread.

And Kevin thats lookin great :)

Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back