Solo: A Star Wars Story

For what it’s worth, I think the best way to watch this film is without trying to tie Arlen to Harrison but instead look at it as an origin story for a familiar character and see how it works. Then make the performance comparisons and critique that separately. It very well be a fun film but may not land for everyone as a Han Solo film.

Spoken like a true minister of propaganda! Lol What's the title of this movie, again?

Well, at least his clothes look alright. My biggest worry with this film is that they won't be able to resist making him heroic, in turn ruining his character arc in ANH.

At this point, I'm just grateful they didn't make him a trans-gendered Rodian who is given the falcon out "fairness" because he can't afford a ship of his own. Sorry, Lando. That's not REALLY your ship. We're giving it to a deserving, disenfranchised youth who is interested in trying smuggling.

93 pages of this bull****, I'm so sorry they recast a part in a film, still if you don't like this you can always go see the 6th person to play James Bond, or the 6th person to play Batman, or maybe the 3rd person to play Superman or Spiderman.

Hell five people have played Indiana Jones!

And lets not forget Harrison Ford isn't above replacing someone else in a role they originated, just ask Alec Baldwin.

Yeah, it's a cup, with poorly printed photoshop art on it. For that matter, the whole image could be fake.

They just need to let loose with a teaser trailer already.

93 pages of this bull****, I'm so sorry they recast a part in a film, still if you don't like this you can always go see the 6th person to play James Bond, or the 6th person to play Batman, or maybe the 3rd person to play Superman or Spiderman.

Hell five people have played Indiana Jones!

And lets not forget Harrison Ford isn't above replacing someone else in a role they originated, just ask Alec Baldwin.

I'd like to add also I'm super jealous of the people in this thread who clearly have the ability to visit the future to see the film!

Well, at least his clothes look alright. My biggest worry with this film is that they won't be able to resist making him heroic, in turn ruining his character arc in ANH.

So he is not supposed to do anything nice or helpful until ANH? Unless they change the story of how he met Chewie, that was pretty heroic stopping an officer abusing a Wookiee. Han's arc could be that he is often helpful, then something happens and he reverts back to taking care of himself. By the time of ANH he's fully on the side of looking out only for himself and Chewie.

I don't have the strength to read 93 pages of comments, but was there a discussion about Ford making a cameo? I always thought it would be cool if the movie started with Han somewhere between ROTJ and TFA talking about his life to someone, heck, maybe even a short scene that takes place in the Falcon when he tells Finn and Rey he knew Luke. Perhaps there was more of a brief discussion on the way to Takodona? But I'm guessing that kind of tie-in won't happen..............

It must be suuuuuuper depressing to have lived this long and not developed any sense from history of how things work and how to read predictors. It'd be great to go through life that naive.

Yeah don’t insinuate I’m dumb or naive or faulty because I don’t dismiss things I don’t see. I’ve been taken by surprise mor than once by a movie that by all accounts should suck. I’ll take being reticent but potentially pleasantly surprised of being close minded, bitter, and judgements any day.

I don't have the strength to read 93 pages of comments, but was there a discussion about Ford making a cameo? I always thought it would be cool if the movie started with Han somewhere between ROTJ and TFA talking about his life to someone, heck, maybe even a short scene that takes place in the Falcon when he tells Finn and Rey he knew Luke. Perhaps there was more of a brief discussion on the way to Takodona? But I'm guessing that kind of tie-in won't happen..............

I think that was an idea for Old Man Indy to sit in a chair and tell stories continuing his adventures in his prime but still keeping continuity. I think thats wat it was

I don’t think that’s in the cards.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back