New guy with more DL-44 Builds

Re: New guy with another DL-44 Build (or is it Model 57?)

your weathering job blows me out of the water, wonderful work! also, props to getting the grips right. I've done that twice and went overboard every time

your weathering job blows me out of the water, wonderful work! also, props to getting the grips right. I've done that twice and went overboard every time

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Without this forum I would have never took this project on (or the many others I now have started...for better or worse).

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would just add to this one.....Greedo Killer time. Just whipped up this scope mount today. Still need to countersink the "disks", and a little more filing but almost ready for paint. Denix base that I am "Accurizing" to look more like a MGC....

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Great job! I always enjoy seeing how people attack a Denix build, thanks for sharing your progress, really looking forward to seeing your Greedo Killer!

Last edited:

Thanks! I am just waiting on the scope dovetail base material to come and I will finish this one up and move on to the next (either ANH Hero or ROTJ, whichever kit comes in first). I still haven't decided if I will put Mauser reproduction grips on this one or not. I put a set of brass escutcheons on the Denix grips in the meantime.

IMG_0439.jpg

The escutcheons always make a huge difference in making the whole blaster look more authentic.

You're doing great work, keep it up!!

Got the DEC ANH Hero kit a week or two ago and started aging the parts and mounting them to another Denix. Still a lot of reshaping to do the base Denix and need to replace the grips, but pretty happy with the DEC parts so far.

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

Good work on the scope bracket weathering, and the scope itself, keep going!!

Got really lucky and picked up this pair of MGC's a week or so ago! Now to decide which DL44s I will build on them. The Bolo will likely be a ROTJ with Boba Debt's recent run...the already short barrel lends itself to that variant.

However, I am not totally decided what other one to build...it will likely be a Greedo Killer, but as these are the 'red 9' model and have the Mauser logo on the left side it may be a Hoth as that logo would be covered by the Motor Coil greeblie....decisions...

The only issue with these, is the wooden 'red 9' grips...I would really like to get my hands on a set of the plastic standard style grips so I could make a mold and cast a couple sets. If anyone has a pair of these grips I would be willing put a deposit down on them to make a mold and send them back.

IMG_0032edit.jpg

Last edited:
Stars aligned and got real lucky at a gun auction. Super happy! Hopefully I can find a solution for the grips...

Last edited:
holy crap I never saw this thread. MGCs are incredible

Not a super great photo, but the the grips I recieved from thd9791 in a trade are going to really finish of this ROTJ DL44 (built on the MGC Bolo). Still more work to do on it and then I am going to do a proper photo shoot with it and maybe start a new thread for my, now growing, more accurate builds.

IMG_0078.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back