Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Excited!!!!!
pick up my lathe tonight
Got my little lathe tonight smaller than my last one, just need to remember how to use it, need to make space in the garage / workshop
IMG_0013.JPG

I'm leaning towards 1.2 as my favourite
but 1.5 isn't looking bad either
1mm to thin
2mm seems to thick
but what do I know I'm only a novice at the moment
need imput from the big guys

now that you have them in hand mark and can see them with your mask what's your imput ?

Had a little play on the lathe for an hour and started to try out the brass discs for inside the mask
I've seen measurements of 24mm disc 4mm central hole 2mm outer holes but I think the centre hole should be 3.5
imput anybody
IMG_0029.PNGIMG_0025.PNG

Same here 1,2 looks very close...and 1,5 also very good.:unsure

About the brasspart...my centerhole is 4mm.Not mine...hehe..the one on my part.:lol

Same here 1,2 looks very close...and 1,5 also very good.:unsure

About the brasspart...my centerhole is 4mm.Not mine...hehe..the one on my part.:lol

need more imput from the big boys regarding the teeth/zipper thickness

and the 4mm hole doesn't look right I'm going to make another with 3.5mm and see how that looks

Vader_revealed_Paris%20041_zpsun83z6k6.jpg

To get to the size used for the zippers best to compare them with other available parts in your build Kroenen77 i.e. the transparent tubes with the coiled wire inside which connect into the silver bits that have the black and red lines on ... the size of the black/red lines seem the same size as the zipper, or perhaps even slightly larger, yes?

Chaïm

For me 1,2mm is the way to go!:):thumbsup

1.2 it will be
the clear plastic pipes with the coiled spring is 4mm, measurements thanks to Gonk27 on page 4 on this thread
ive scaled it up tonight and come to the same conclusion

Kroenen77 ...Mark use the 1.2 my friend and bin the others ;)

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Vader_revealed_Paris 041_zpsun83z6k6.jpg

To get to the size used for the zippers best to compare them with other available parts in your build Kroenen77 i.e. the transparent tubes with the coiled wire inside which connect into the silver bits that have the black and red lines on ... the size of the black/red lines seem the same size as the zipper, or perhaps even slightly larger, yes?

Chaïm
thanks chain for you imput and support
25 pairs of zippers 1.2mm will be on my next list

I've had another quick go at the brass discs and I'm happy and more confident with the centre hole being 3.5, outer holes at 2mm. I'm going to do 4 more as the outer holes are to wide apart, numpty nuts here measured and marked them wrong
IMG_0042.JPG
image.jpg

1.2 it will be
the clear plastic pipes with the coiled spring is 4mm, measurements thanks to Gonk27 on page 4 on this thread
ive scaled it up tonight and come to the same conclusion

Kroenen77 ...Mark use the 1.2 my friend and bin the others ;)

Will do my friend.:):thumbsup

Not been able to do much on my reveal parts lately as the real world work has gone so busy and the drive belt on my lathe needs replacing, so I'm just gathering information on the vocoder parts for future machining so !!!!
has this part ever been identified, to my eyes it looks like a bulb holder / indicator of an old car anybody got any sizes to share or do I do it alone from scratch
IMG_0058.PNG

Not been able to do much on my reveal parts lately as the real world work has gone so busy and the drive belt on my lathe needs replacing, so I'm just gathering information on the vocoder parts for future machining so !!!!
has this part ever been identified, to my eyes it looks like a bulb holder / indicator of an old car anybody got any sizes to share or do I do it alone from scratch
View attachment 712167

Send Marcus a PM.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back