Vader MPP bubble mounting

My real circuit card is green with shiny traces, and it looks just right to me. just my .02¢

yeah, they're about the most perfect replica out there. It was cast from one of mine, and man... you have to get a jewelers loupe to see the difference.

Yes, I think Rebelscum's are the best, but I didn't know they were still available. I have those on most of my sabers.

Does anyone know which end of the card is the one that gets cut?

The one with the 6 lines or the one with the 3 lines?

Trying to figure it out from the photos of the original saber but its hard to tell,

Any plans to make the circuit card w/ the red LEDs on them for the ANH version?
They need not be soldered into place, as they don't need to function.
Just a spot of CAA to keep them in place.

I just can't rationalize buying a silver-bar MPP w/o an accurate card to go on it.

The LED saber was the black bars... just sayin...

ANHvadersaberright.jpg

I am also working on a complete replica set (bubble and board), get in touch with several PCB makers and I think I found the right one here in France.
As I have knowledge to make perfect activator replicas, I will offer complete sets, like the 2 vintage ones I am selling, but this time it will be replicas, so much more affordable.

I am also working on a complete replica set (bubble and board), get in touch with several PCB makers and I think I found the right one here in France.
As I have knowledge to make perfect activator replicas, I will offer complete sets, like the 2 vintage ones I am selling, but this time it will be replicas, so much more affordable.
Cool. I am definitely interested.
A bientôt Clément

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Just to be absolutely sure that I get this correctly: the silver bar version of the ANH saber didn't have a board under the bubbles, right?

Just to be absolutely sure that I get this correctly: the silver bar version of the ANH saber didn't have a board under the bubbles, right?
The existing pics of the prop can't really confirm or deny this. It's up to your own interpretation. I think it's quite possible that the bubble strip from the ANH V1 wound up on the V2 when they fixed that saber up to be the ESB hero. Just a theory, but I feel pretty plausible. If that's the case, then the ANH hero would have a circuit card underneath bubbles.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I agree, it's a totally plausible theory. IMHO, the Vader ANH bubbles look "empty" without anything under them... They look better with a card. Put me down for one. :p

I agree, it's a totally plausible theory. IMHO, the Vader ANH bubbles look "empty" without anything under them... They look better with a card. Put me down for one. :p

Agree. No photos show the bubbles from the top view to confirm but its mist likely they did the same thing as the ESB saber.
Besides it would be an easy fix to swap it out if needed later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's impossible to tell, but since the ANH Vader V2/Black Bars had one, it would reason that the silver bars did as well.

As for being the same piece between ANH and ESB-- I have reservations. It sounds like anything that wasn't an original construction was returned to whatever prop house it came from. We know the Graflex and a lot of the stormtrooper guns were reverted and returned.

Last edited:
That's the ONE thing that gives credence to the fact it may be one of the ANH heroes. Since the Graflex got the edge cards and the MPP didn't (and yet got a lot of other alterations) you have to wonder...

We'll probably never know!

I would assume that if you're renting props from a prop house then gluing all kinds of greeblies on everything, you'd probably try to restore the props the best you could before returning them. It's totally reasonable to think that the bubbles wound up in a parts box somewhere only to be reused for later films.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back