SPLIT (Post-release)

Usagi Pilgrim

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I don't know how to do a Post-Release thread in the sticky section, so I'll just start here. Since I'm assuming spoilers will be discussed, anyone who wants to move it, feel free.

I just wanted to know what the folks here thought about that awesome ending? Knowing the love the other movie gets around here, I want to tell everyone why they should run to see it, but I'm not ruining the delight I got from it.

I'm sure, once the word gets out, the discussion about it & the possible future will pick up. I for one, am pretty dang happy.

Last edited:
I just want to yell the ending to everyone, but that wouldn't be fair to Rob others of the surprise.

At the same time, I feel the folks that it'd mean the most to, probably won't end up seeing the film until they hear of the twist.

James McAvoy was great but the film over all wasn't very interesting. I liked the ending but I don't think 95% of the average audience will get it......I think my wife and I were the only ones that did in the theater we were in.

James McAvoy was great but the film over all wasn't very interesting. I liked the ending but I don't think 95% of the average audience will get it......I think my wife and I were the only ones that did in the theater we were in.
Im kind of in the same boat. I feel like it was a ploy to run the gamut of acting chops for Mcavoy. It was entertaining, but did I miss something at the end? This is post release thread, so I think we can do spoilers. What was the surprise? Did I miss something?

I might get crap for this but can I say Jessica Sula is gorgeous. I was really distracted when they showed her. :love

Last edited:
It ties to M. Night Shyamalans previous film Unbreakable....So basically you witnessed the birth of a superhuman villain that will fight Bruce Willis in an Unbreakable sequel, least that's what I'm thinking.

And yes Jessica Sula is quite attractive ��

It ties to M. Night Shyamalans previous film Unbreakable....So basically you witnessed the birth of a superhuman villain that will fight Bruce Willis in an Unbreakable sequel, least that's what I'm thinking.

And yes Jessica Sula is quite attractive ��
Im stupid, I totally forgot about the Bruce Willis cameo. I was thinking the end with Mcavoy...DUH! Yeah, that was rad. Man, Bruce looked really old! I couldnt believe it. Man, Im embarrassed I forgot about that. :facepalm

Not sure of the timeline of this vs Unbreakable but Willis' character is/was supposed to be older as the potential sequel would take place decades after the first film. At least thats what the chatter was during filming.

So I'm seeing a lot of speculation that the third part of the trilogy, would feature Mr Glass either mentoring, or teaming up with, The Horde. I'd have to disagree.

I really got the feeling that the father/train situation led us to think that his father was killed in the accident that we saw at the beginning of Unbreakable. If that's the case, I he'd be looking to kill Glass. Unless, since the missing father is what set off the identity disorder, he could be grateful to Glass.

Anyone else get that vibe?

So I went in just cuz I like m night and was hoping this was him back in form.

but then I saw the camera movements, shots only showing half her face when they introduce the lead.... "is this a sequel to unbreakable!?!?"

Then they keep mentioning the train... Did Glass create this guy as well!?!

I was waiting the whole time for them to be rescued by David Dunn. So was disappointed it didn't happen when the title popped up at the end.

but then the cafe scene starts up, I get excited and I started welling up.

So happy. Unbreakable has been in my top 10 movies since I first saw it.

Funny though, the scene in the movie was re enacted almost instantly as 2 girls behind me were asking all confused "wait... why is it ending like this? Why is that Bruce Willis guy there?"

and I just stare at the screen. "It's David Dunn. Go watch Unbreakable tomorrow"

"oh really!? Okay we will!"

I'm currently in the theatre cafe... no one I know has seen this... I CAN'T DISCUSS THE UNBREAKABLE END AND ITS KILLING ME!

∆∆∆

Exactly how I felt!!!

I have several friends that I grew up with that LOVE UNBREAKABLE, but they don't usually go to the movies anymore. I felt like I had a mission to get them to the theater before the ending was spoiled, or at least the connection was revealed in the media.

When you're excited but can't tell them why, it's aggravating. LOL

The RPF spoiled the link for me by bumping the Unbreakable 2 topic, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the film.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back