TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

I agree with rivets in that pic. Curious what the second Hero/stunt saber has...any clear closeups on it?

eb4ed66c750732a3062d7a676acaa6c2.jpg

It's a bit harder to see. I think this is the best shot of it.

Wouldn't rivets plus the lack of any visible pinching of the grip under them point toward the grip material being plastic as opposed to rubber?

I've noticed over the years different brands of rivets have slightly different looking heads. It may come down to finding the correct brand of rivet.

Watched the Blu-Ray tonight. No BD drive on my PC, so I took a few pics with the Rebel.

So the grips go to the bottom not only for the snow scene, but also when Finn pics it up from the dirt, as mentioned previously.

But then there's the scene where the saber is first taken from his hand, before he reclaims it from the fallen trooper. No chance of damage here. It's a hand-off, and a close-up shot, but still, grips to the bottom:

Finn%20Captured_zpsk4mgrpno.jpg~original

Here's a scene of Rey fighting with Ren in the end, with grips to bottom...

rey%20finale_zpsjz7vclje.jpg~original

...but, if you look closely above, it appears that the fins in that scene have been trimmed down close to the surface of the saber...

Btw, here's a cap of Rey using the antenna saber. You can just make out the antenna poking out the back:

rey%20stunt_zpsahaecu48.jpg~original

Last edited:
I haven't owned a Graflex before. Looking to get my first one soon. But one thing I noticed on TFA sabers was how huge the D-ring was. Has anyone else notice this? Or is this the size of ANH/ESB Graflex D-rings?

giant%20d-ring_zps2dhxn4oo.jpg~original

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back