Finn's TLJ Blaster Pistol

CT1138

Sr Member
So by now, we've all seen the pics of Finn's blaster in TLJ, not to mention to gif that John Boyega posted of it on Instagram.
mOfHHn7.png

Well, after Hasbro came out with one, I decided to take a whack at a repaint. Started out with the basic Neon Nerf toy:
0pQnF7r.jpg

Added a layer of the base paint. The base color as a really hard choice to go for. Most of the pics available show a kind of beigy gray, but the Boyega pic above shows almost a camo sandstone color. Seeing as the Boyega pic is the best we have to go off of, that's the color I went with:
pdfIrQI.jpg

After that, I started on the secondary colors. With a can of silver and black spray paint, and a lot of scotch tape, I managed to get something viable. This process ended up taking about 5 hours with 3 cans of 15-minute dry spray paint. I kept having to repaint and repaint as minute amounts of paint leaked through the tape.
EtTrxcl.jpg

I'm pretty proud of the results:
zsv9NZk.jpg

20wbHm9.jpg

I love how the barrels of the rogue one and new trilogy blasters are perfectly sized to look decent on a Nerf gun. Lol! This is a nice repaint, might have to go pick me one up and give it a shot;)

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

I love how the barrels of the rogue one and new trilogy blasters are perfectly sized to look decent on a Nerf gun. Lol! This is a nice repaint, might have to go pick me one up and give it a shot;)

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Thank you! The sculpt and size of this Nerf gun is almost much spot on to the original prop. There's a few slight differences, some I could account for, some I couldn't. The back rounded end was a little longer, so I added a resin washer to extend that. There's also a rivet that I made a screw because I had no idea how I'd rivet that spot. I could have filled in the screw holes, but they didn't bother me that much so I left them. Maybe next time. The rail isn't on the original prop, but I thought it looked cool so I left it. Also, the trigger isn't solid on the original prop, but I didn't think I could dremel that out without possibly messing with the integrity of the trigger. In the end, I don't think I did a bad job:
BQSIyzi.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back