Black Series Stormtrooper Helmet vs. Don Post Classic Action Stormtrooper Helmet

PHArchivist

Master Member
Paid $120-ish YEARS ago for a DP Classic Action ST helmet. Just go the new Black Series helmet for $80.

ST 007.JPG

ST 008.JPG

Had a couple small defects - a casting flaw in the form of a small dimple on the dome (1mm max), and what seems to be a cut in the plastic near the ear button.

ST 009.JPG

ST 010.JPG

...just saw one of these a couple of hours ago on the WalMart shelf with the box lid open...of course I had to inspect it. I was shocked at how nice it is! Things sure have come a long way since back in '99 when I really got into props / costumes when you can go into a local WalMart and see a haphazardly opened box of a 1:1 Stormtrooper helmet.

Last edited:
One more batch...

ST 019.JPGST 020.JPG

ST 021.JPGST 022.JPG

ST 023.JPGST 024.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

As nice a representation of the subject as my $500 eFX X-Wing Helmet or my $800 Don Post Deluxe Vader... If not nicer.

Yup, I got one too (under the Christmas tree) and I have to say....I really like it!! Managed to get it for the $49 Amazon deal!! Certainly looks great on display.
Looking forward to seeing what future helmets get produced in this Black Series line.

I snagged one of the Hasbros for Christmas, and am mightily impressed that they made it adult-sized! The paint and detailing is pretty tight, I must say.

I also own a DP Classic Action and the only thing I prefer between the two are the bubble lenses (I don't care about screen accuracy for this one; I just like bubble lenses!!)

Yup, I got one too (under the Christmas tree) and I have to say....I really like it!! Managed to get it for the $49 Amazon deal!! Certainly looks great on display.
Looking forward to seeing what future helmets get produced in this Black Series line.
Same here, couldn't pass up it for sake on Amazon. Great piece!

Hoping for a Boba Fett and X-Wing pilot helmet in the same series.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been pondering the 2017 helmet offering(s). I'd bet we get a Resistance pilot helmet, maybe specifically Poe's helmet. They seem to be coinciding with the movie being released. Probably Boba with the Han Solo movie (I hope).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back