Nerf Gun Props? YES!

no problem!

IMHO.. Arduino's are GREAT!.. because you dont have to come from an EE background or know electronics like the back of your hand to get started. (thats kinda the whole point of them.. a very basic/easy way for people start messing with micro controllers)..

for people like us.. its a great way to extend our props with some blinkies and functionality! lol

Its a small investment to bulk purchase supplies.. (but worth it)..

I do own legit, genuine Arduino hardware.. but I also buy clones of ebay (because @ $3.00 USD a piece.. it hard to pass up!) ;p

but buying the other things (if you dont have them) soldering iron perhaps..

variety of resistor (assorted values)
variety of capacitor (assorted values)
some leds to play with..
maybe some motors or servos..etc

(depends on your project goal I guess.. but I just buy this junk in bulk to have it laying around for the 'next' project or prototyping.)

In arduino land.. there are things called 'shields'.. (not sure why they call it that). but its really just a daugher board that 'stacks' on top of the Arduino (mostly for the Arduino Uno)

these 'shields' add functionality to the base Arduino board.. (motor/servo controller, RFID, GPS, bluetooth..etc)... so dont let the name confuse you.. they are just plain old add-on boards to extend functionality.

I've done some spider man webshooter electronics kits.. some Iron man motorized helmet electronics..etc.. really it just whatever you can think of!..

the code can be a bit daunting for beginners as well.. but if you look at the millions of examples out there. (its a really huge community support/backing out there).. you'll be fine!

Bringing this thread back! Recently finished a custom paint job on the Nerf First Order Stormtrooper blaster:

DSC_0444.jpg DSC_0446.jpg DSC_0453.jpg DSC_0447.jpg DSC_0449.jpg DSC_0451.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Few more projects to post. Been slow going, I paint in the backyard and garage and its been too cold for the paint to adhere with the quality that I want. Still getting it done little by little.

Ripstar RPF P5.jpg Ripstar RPF P6.jpg Ripstar RPF P8.jpg Ripstar RPF P4.jpg

Heres my first attempt at painting a nerf gun. Its been modified internally (spring, Air restrictor) and is fully working after the paint job
I 3d printed a muzzle cover as i thought it looked a bit rubbish with the standard muzzle.
All Nerf logos and embossed lettering were removed and filled.
Spray cans and hand painted
IMAG1040.jpgIMAG1039.jpgIMAG1037.jpg

hmmm somehow that looks like a potential good base for a "competition". who can make a cheap dart or watergun look the best. give all same base gun and start from there :)

ps, i love competitions. did a few on a modelcar website

We've had a few of those here, like build a sonic screwdriver from parts from a dollar store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm somehow that looks like a potential good base for a "competition". who can make a cheap dart or watergun look the best. give all same base gun and start from there :)

ps, i love competitions. did a few on a modelcar website
A competition could be fun, some of the best ideas come from competitions

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hey! i stumbled onto this site and man, there are some epic nerf projects here. I signed up and thought i could show some of my work. hope you guys like it.

Torgue vector - built this from the nerf Rival apollo.
YbayOyp.jpg

Heres a before and after shot
TCVgfU8.jpg

Death Sentence - build this using mainly a cycloneshock and a slingfire
FOl0pjO.jpg
koCyUHo.jpg

Viper -13P - Bullpup Rapidstrike

iKATqOF.jpg

sY7jb4a.jpg

Gunslinger stockade - stockade and roughcut integration

SuiuOXs.jpg

YuYQexh.jpg

Currently working on a beefy crossbolt project and a XR-2 inspired replica from BO3. Hope you guys like my work, comments and critique greatly appreciated

Kind of curious working on a Umbrella corp theme gun and wanted to put of decals on them and wondering what the best way to do this is? was looking at decal paper but do you need anything else to help them stick? kind of confused any help would be awesome.

Hi again fellow RPF nerfers,

Here's the latest from my workshop - one First Order E7-11 Stormtrooper Rifle (Officer issue)

c7c2roW.jpg

I've seen a lot of pristine versions of this rifle out there, so I planned from the get-go to make this blaster look very used. I laid down a flat aluminium base under the black areas and, once again, used a rocksalt mask to get some chips around the edges. As an added bonus, if I accidentally rub the black away there's a layer of metallic aluminium under there!

I went a bit overboard with the rocksalt on the first coat and so went back over it with less salt and more black. This gave the black a mottled, fatigued look to it which came up great in the weathering stage.

r2wvsuJ.jpg

Hope y'all like it :)

Last edited:

Here's the latest from my workshop - one First Order E7-11 Stormtrooper Rifle (Officer issue)

http://i.imgur.com/c7c2roW.jpg

I've seen a lot of pristine versions of this rifle out there, so I planned from the get-go to make this baster look very used. I laid down a flat aluminium base under the black areas and, once again, used a rocksalt mask to get some chips around the edges. As an added bonus, if I accidentally rub the black away there's a layer of metallic aluminium under there!

I went a bit overboard with the rocksalt on the first coat and so went back over it with less salt and more black. This gave the black a mottled, fatigued look to it which came up great in the weathering stage.

http://i.imgur.com/r2wvsuJ.jpg

Awesome, love the weathering!

Roughneckone:cool

nerf.jpg hi all this is my first post and not a particularly difficult build. not making it look like anything, just having fun. my son asked me to build something. might look at going down the steampunk road with this not sure. lots of filling and sanding needed then the paint. will post as i progress. Many thanks

Hey everybody!

I'm super, SUPER new to propmaking and wanted to start by painting up some old blasters I had hanging around, I thought I'd throw my first attempt up here.
IMG_1323.jpgIMG_1321.jpg

So right off the bat, I gotta get better at spray painting to avoid drips here and there; also, I'll be investing in a dremel before long to help get logos, etc. off a little better. I also want to get better at weathering and detailing; what you see here was just some testor paint lightly brushed on here and there.

So this was definitely just a test piece to see what I can do and what I need to work on, but for a first attempt it could have gone worse I think.

hey! i stumbled onto this site and man, there are some epic nerf projects here. I signed up and thought i could show some of my work. hope you guys like it.

Torgue vector - built this from the nerf Rival apollo.
View attachment 604679

Heres a before and after shot
View attachment 604678

Death Sentence - build this using mainly a cycloneshock and a slingfire
View attachment 604680
View attachment 604681

Viper -13P - Bullpup Rapidstrike

View attachment 604682

View attachment 604683

Gunslinger stockade - stockade and roughcut integration

View attachment 604685

View attachment 604686

Currently working on a beefy crossbolt project and a XR-2 inspired replica from BO3. Hope you guys like my work, comments and critique greatly appreciated

Those are some cool mods, welcome to the RPF :)

Hi Siete,

Don't put too much faith in the Dremel - as useful as they are, it's very hard to get a smooth, flat finish with one. I use a medium flat-faced file for the bulk removal, and then sandpaper to clean up the area. Try to use a block, or some sort of firm, flat surface behind the sandpaper when sanding too - using your fingers pushes the paper down into the gaps, when what you actually want is for the sanding to be concentrated on the uppermost ridges. Hope this helps!

...and welcome to the RPF! :)

http://i.imgur.com/c7c2roW.jpg

I've seen a lot of pristine versions of this rifle out there, so I planned from the get-go to make this baster look very used. I laid down a flat aluminium base under the black areas and, once again, used a rocksalt mask to get some chips around the edges. As an added bonus, if I accidentally rub the black away there's a layer of metallic aluminium under there!

http://i.imgur.com/r2wvsuJ.jpg

I love this a lot, great job.

and also love this thread is still strong with lots of great works

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back