Tom's Skywalker Ranch Saber

Fantastic work,

This saber is looking like a prop to be proud of. I'm amazed at how....crappy?.... the close ups of the Ranch saber look....

As prop makers, we always seem to get it in our heads that stuff should be perfect, and they just aren't!

Is the Ranch saber the only ESB saber with the screws at the top of the grips?

Rich

Thanks guys!
Fantastic work,

This saber is looking like a prop to be proud of. I'm amazed at how....crappy?.... the close ups of the Ranch saber look....

As prop makers, we always seem to get it in our heads that stuff should be perfect, and they just aren't!

Is the Ranch saber the only ESB saber with the screws at the top of the grips?

Rich

Actually we know as of this month or so that there were screws on the grips as early as late ESB filming.

The kobold was flipped before ROTJ as well!

Yeah i saw the recent pics,

that's what started me wondering if i should put the top screws on my all real parts ESB Luke Saber.....

Rich

I believe the conclusion was the top-grip screws started somewhere during Dagobah which was the last set of scenes to be filmed for ESB. There’s no indication or proof they were there any earlier than that (ie, the rest of the movie).

So, unless you’re making a specific ESB-dagobah variant or are going for the SRS saber, I’d leave the top-grip screws out for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the conclusion was the top-grip screws started somewhere during Dagobah which was the last set of scenes to be filmed for ESB. There’s no indication or proof they were there any earlier than that (ie, the rest of the movie).

So, unless you’re making a specific ESB-dagobah variant or are going for the SRS saber, I’d leave the top-grip screws out for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's kind of what i thought. I'll stick with screws only at the bottom. :)

Rich

Still wondering how you could drill the clamp-lever...tried various drill bits and none worked on this metal :(

Last edited:
Still wondering how you could drill the clamp-lever...tried various drill bits and none worked on this metal :(

What are the originals made of? I used a Romans empire lever and used a metric standard bit and a countersinking bit

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back