Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I'll confess, that's the best I've seen it look.

Not my pic, found this on FB-

0f41986fe3699bc41be241f547086ef6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It clearly lacks the aesthetics, originality and functionality of the OT designs. Nice but an easy pass for me. :)

The finishing work and paint job are good, but the tube shapes and overall form just seem a little off to me. Maybe too Soviet submarine looking. Could've used some more larger geometric shapes to break up that tapered cone on the back half of the ship.

That's something that confuses me. Why the Resistance has to cobble together a military when they represent the galactic government against the New Order who are really the ones resisting the government actually in charge. I'm sure there's a contrived in-universe explanation, but the terminology and politics seem secondary to the filmmakers just saying, "Look, we just want to do rebels against the Empire again. These are just names. Shut up."

Come to think about it, I think its quite natural that the galactic government in charge (the New Republic, the Resistance, what ever) adopts a cobbled-up style (regardless whether its actually cobbled up or not), because the the cobbled-up-look would symbolize the spirit of the former Rebel Alliance, who bravely fought against the Empire with limited resource to re-establish the Republic.

That's something that confuses me. Why the Resistance has to cobble together a military when they represent the galactic government against the New Order who are really the ones resisting the government actually in charge. I'm sure there's a contrived in-universe explanation, but the terminology and politics seem secondary to the filmmakers just saying, "Look, we just want to do rebels against the Empire again. These are just names. Shut up."

From before TFA I think it was (or was it Bloodline), we found out Mon Mothma wanted to essentially massively scale down the Republic’s centralised military presence, as it wasn’t the way forward according to her. Regardless, the Resistance never represented the Republic’s military might anyway. They were always more of a small splintered group that had to make do with what they were able to acquire through back means and other channels. So their cobbled together tech doesn’t seem too contrived to me at all. Although many will disagree of course.

Would love to get a kit of that model above to be honest.

Like the gorilla walker, after seeing the bomber with a detailed (i.e. not Revell) model with a top notch paint job, it is kind of growing on me. Still not a big fan of the overall walker design, but this seems to fit a little more for me.

i.e. designs are going from terrible, to "I can accept that". :lol

Short version: Resistance is a reboot of the Rebels from the original trilogy.

Long Version: New Rebublic splinter fraction not sanctioned as the New Republic are a bunch of pacifists post Empire. I think TLJ will expand upon this further.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for my Perfect Grade... It will arrive at mid November, I hope...

Amazon direct doesnt offer this anymore for pre-order.. other sellers are over $800 .. glad I jumped on the Gundam USA for a total of $370

ugghh... I actually pre-ordered it through amazon when it was still available, and then cancelled the order. With no practical painting skills, I have no business owning one, and I just couldn't justify the cost either. But it's just so beautiful... now I feel certain I'll never have one....

Amazon direct doesnt offer this anymore for pre-order.. other sellers are over $800 .. glad I jumped on the Gundam USA for a total of $370

I'm not sure how I should feel about being lucky to buy a model at the low low price of $370! We're insane. :lol

ugghh... I actually pre-ordered it through amazon when it was still available, and then cancelled the order. With no practical painting skills, I have no business owning one, and I just couldn't justify the cost either. But it's just so beautiful... now I feel certain I'll never have one....

Culttvmanshop still has preorders available, total cost $340 plus shipping

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Millen...ndai--33995--PREORDER-RESERVATION_p_3863.html

Requires a $150 down payment

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back