Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I've always thought the same thing about up-rezzing the 144th kit. Easy Peasy for them to do. These companies have a huge investment in tooling for their kits, so they want to tease for a while to get a real feeling of fan interest before they pull the trigger. On this topic, I wonder why they would have any trepidation as they sold a **** load of the 144th kits.

the ability to do it, and the license to do it are two different things.

Bandai has the license... just not in the US. Revell has that... not that its stopped us from importing ;).

there are lots of subjects that seem like no-brainers to me and you - that never seem to get made. a decent SD for example would sell like crazy... yet no official ones to be found.

However seeing one of these built up ~ provides a lot of hope. After pulling that little stunt I'd be shocked if they were not trolling the various boards to see what kind of interest there is... we can only hope they are reading this one.

Jedi Dade

Bandai likes to do capital ships and fighters from other series- I doubt they will ignore the bigger ships. Producing a good ISD or SSD with accurate detail will cement their reputation. It is already great when you compare their kits to the same scale/subject that FineMolds made, which were considered the high water mark of the time. Instead of matching subjects already done to death and branching out to the kits people have wanted for a long time will be fantastic!

If bandai does this I will never be tempted by deagostini again....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Easy there, Astro. IF it's a Falcon; I'll have it. lol I've been in love with this ship since 1977. Any form, any way I can get it. I am building the DeAgo Falcon now; I have the 1:144 FM, the 1:144 Bandai, the 1:72 FM, and have built several MPC/ERTL Falcons as well. I also have two Hasbro Falcons with mods to have one semi accurate. :) I will say as I have before; if this 1:72 Bandai Falcon comes to fruition; I will have at least two of them and sell my FM 1:72 off to whoever is willing to give me money for it. lol

Easy there, Astro. IF it's a Falcon; I'll have it. lol I've been in love with this ship since 1977. Any form, any way I can get it. I am building the DeAgo Falcon now; I have the 1:144 FM, the 1:144 Bandai, the 1:72 FM, and have built several MPC/ERTL Falcons as well. I also have two Hasbro Falcons with mods to have one semi accurate. :) I will say as I have before; if this 1:72 Bandai Falcon comes to fruition; I will have at least two of them and sell my FM 1:72 off to whoever is willing to give me money for it. lol
I'm with you.

Not only will I sell my half built fine molds, I will also sell my unbuilt amt with blue moon side walls.

Mind you, now that 3d printing exists, that blue moon kit isn't exactly a premium piece

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You should remain tempted the Deagostini Falcon is truly awesome. the fact that its a kit and YOU build paint and modify it to your liking makes it batter than the MR for me. Its got enough small flaws to correct that it feals like "your" model not just a kit... and (so far) pretty epic.

besides - Can you really have too many Millennium Falcon Models? My wife says yes, but I keep educating her :).

Jedi Dade

You should remain tempted the Deagostini Falcon is truly awesome...

Jedi Dade

But is it awesome enough to warrant its astronomical price? Yes, it's parsed out over a few years so it doesn't hurt so bad, but still. $1,500 is a LOT for a model kit. Or is it just me?

SB

But is it awesome enough to warrant its astronomical price? Yes, it's parsed out over a few years so it doesn't hurt so bad, but still. $1,500 is a LOT for a model kit. Or is it just me?

SB
Well, it's a lot cheaper than a master's replica Falcon. And it's the cheapest way to get a studio scale falcon. Those donor kits would really add up.

I think for me, the hesitation is that I really prefer the five footer.

Well, it's a lot cheaper than a master's replica Falcon. And it's the cheapest way to get a studio scale falcon. Those donor kits would really add up.

I think for me, the hesitation is that I really prefer the five footer.

Me too.....wayyyyy back when it was announced, I was really tempted,.....but I calmed down & took stock of how many Falcons I had & the big Hasbro one should end up sort of studio scale.....so I decided to skip it

But there's so many cracker builds & I keep up to date with DeAgo build threads & FB,.....I sometimes regret not collecting

A 1/72

The price is high - but not really that high for a studio scale model. If you tried to scratch build one it would cost you many times that in kit parts... Is it pricey - sure its also kind of a bargain in a weird kind of way.

Now back to topic - a Bandai 1/72 falcon that was nearly accurate - all over it! As I asked can you really have too many Falcons?

My List:
- Several MPC Falcons
- 2 Fine molds 1/72 Falcons
- 1 MR Signature edition Falcon
- 2 Deagostini Falcons
- 1 Fiberglass casting of Tim Ketzers hull that I'm scratching into a 32" Falcon
- 2 SMT 1/48 Falcons
- 1 Anigrand 144 falcon
- 1 Fine molds 144
- 1 Bandai 144 Falcon
- 1 Disney die cast (roughly 144)
- 2 hasbro die cast
- 2 f-toys falcons
- 1 FFG falcon
- MANY small toy falcons various sources.

Off the top of my head :D

Jedi Dade

Hm. I guess I just haven't been bit by the studio scale bug yet. My 1/72 FM Falcon will do fine for now. :)

SB

The price is high - but not really that high for a studio scale model. If you tried to scratch build one it would cost you many times that in kit parts... Is it pricey - sure its also kind of a bargain in a weird kind of way.

Now back to topic - a Bandai 1/72 falcon that was nearly accurate - all over it! As I asked can you really have too many Falcons?

My List:
- Several MPC Falcons
- 2 Fine molds 1/72 Falcons
- 1 MR Signature edition Falcon
- 2 Deagostini Falcons
- 1 Fiberglass casting of Tim Ketzers hull that I'm scratching into a 32" Falcon
- 2 SMT 1/48 Falcons
- 1 Anigrand 144 falcon
- 1 Fine molds 144
- 1 Bandai 144 Falcon
- 1 Disney die cast (roughly 144)
- 2 hasbro die cast
- 2 f-toys falcons
- 1 FFG falcon
- MANY small toy falcons various sources.

Off the top of my head :D

Jedi Dade

That is a lot,....& BIG money at that too......

my list is about as long......but considerably cheaper

J

Man, I really would love if they produced a 1/48 Falcon kit to match the X Wings, so we could have a full 48th scale replica of the Trench Run.

But admittedly, I'm a size queen when it comes to model kits, and always seek out the largest ones I can find, also out of the neurocity that everything has to be the same scale, for conparison's sake. I'm still trying to hunt down a 1/48th B-52 vac form kit for a decent price.

FYI the Hasbro Hero Falcon is really close to 1/48 scale. It's 27.5" which makes it like 1/49.5 scale but it's close enough that you couldn't tell when sitting side by side with the other 1/48 models.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

FYI the Hasbro Hero Falcon is really close to 1/48 scale. It's 27.5" which makes it like 1/49.5 scale but it's close enough that you couldn't tell when sitting side by side with the other 1/48 models.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I'll have to see if I can find one then, I completely forgot it existed. Isn't there a issue with the plastic formulation on it, where you need special paint because of the type? Everything I've seen for it used automotive paint, they couldn't just prime and paint the plastic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back