San Diego Comic-Con 2014 SDCC

Hotels haven't gone up for sale on the CCI website yet, so the only rooms currently available are stupid expensive. SDCC has a deal with all the nearby hotels; in a few weeks they will list hotels available near the con and people can book them at a con rate. You must sign in, list your top 10 hotels choices and preferences, and a week later travel planners will let you know which hotel you got. You must pay for 2 full nights on the spot to hold the hotel room.

For all those talking about buying scalped tickets, I would be careful. Better to wait and see if any people get refunds and try to buy those tickets, at least they'll be legit and you won't get banned from the con if you are caught.

However there is SO much to do in San Diego, if you cannot go all for the days, there is a ton of free stuff and great touristy stuff within walking distance of the con.

Hotels haven't gone up for sale on the CCI website yet, so the only rooms currently available are stupid expensive. SDCC has a deal with all the nearby hotels; in a few weeks they will list hotels available near the con and people can book them at a con rate. You must sign in, list your top 10 hotels choices and preferences, and a week later travel planners will let you know which hotel you got. You must pay for 2 full nights on the spot to hold the hotel room.

For all those talking about buying scalped tickets, I would be careful. Better to wait and see if any people get refunds and try to buy those tickets, at least they'll be legit and you won't get banned from the con if you are caught.

However there is SO much to do in San Diego, if you cannot go all for the days, there is a ton of free stuff and great touristy stuff within walking distance of the con.

Actually they did go up and i think the deadline date for discounts if you have a badge already is April 8th.

Actually they did go up and i think the deadline date for discounts if you have a badge already is April 8th.

Nope, Checking the SDCC webpage early bird sales are up now, these are cheaper hotels father away from the con - you have to pay for the full cost of the hotel upfront and you cannot canel.

Wait another week or two and the remaining hotels (including convention center and downtown hotels) will go up

Mission Bay RV Resort and Anaheim RV Resort are officially booked. Should be quite the adventure, about 2900 miles / 45 hours round-trip.

What I noticed the last two years is that about 2 days before the con, a bunch of hotel rooms become available at normal prices. I'll be waiting until then

Ur lucky that u got a hotel for free..... :)

yeah...i'm very fortunate..i paid for hotels in the past so I know what a pain it can be. I'm happy that one of my business connections have the hookups at a place nearby...

Mission Bay RV Resort and Anaheim RV Resort are officially booked. Should be quite the adventure, about 2900 miles / 45 hours round-trip.

hopefully, you wont be driving alone...I made a trip to Beaumont, Texas. We were pressed for time due to a last minute funeral. We drove for 24 hours straight to barely make it. It took 3 of us taking different shifts.

Yeah, be careful about badge swapping or buying someone's badge. They've been doing random ID checks the past few years. I get checked two to three times each year. I only have one friend that's never been ID checked.

Gonna try for the hotel lottery when it opens. I'll be in costume this year, so it would be ideal if I score a hotel nearby this time.

hopefully, you wont be driving alone...I made a trip to Beaumont, Texas. We were pressed for time due to a last minute funeral. We drove for 24 hours straight to barely make it. It took 3 of us taking different shifts.

I will be the only one driving, but I will have company on the RV. I am planning to make stops on the way and taking my time. We went east last summer, so this summer is our adventure out west.

Just a word of warning about badge swapping - supposedly if you want to buy tickets to 2015 SDCC, you'll need to have your 2014 badge in hand. They had said that they were going to do that this year, but backed off. As of right now they're saying that it will be enforced next year.

So if you sell/lose your 2014 badge, you won't be able to get 2015 tickets during preregistration.

Supposedly. ;)

Just a word of warning about badge swapping - supposedly if you want to buy tickets to 2015 SDCC, you'll need to have your 2014 badge in hand. They had said that they were going to do that this year, but backed off. As of right now they're saying that it will be enforced next year.

So if you sell/lose your 2014 badge, you won't be able to get 2015 tickets during preregistration.

Supposedly. ;)

I would think it's just some info printed on it you could write down.

Badges are released for sale in two stages. The first was done a couple months ago and was only for people who had previously purchased a non-professional/non-exhibitor badge. If you were on file for having purchased a badge through the current system, then you could try for buying a badge during that release.

The most recent release, on the 15th, was for anyone that wasn't on file for having purchased a badge.

So, you don't have to have your physical badge in hand to buy a badge next year, just one in the system for a chance to get one before the general population.

Keep in mind though, that if you sell your badge to someone else, and they get caught using it, you get punished too.

Does anyone know of a good forum or facebook group to meet other cosplayers going to SDCC to plan some group cosplays? I've looked at both Cosplay.com and found one group on Facebook but its mostly bots posting ads for sunglasses.

Does anyone know of a good forum or facebook group to meet other cosplayers going to SDCC to plan some group cosplays? I've looked at both Cosplay.com and found one group on Facebook but its mostly bots posting ads for sunglasses.

If you do, pm me as well, I might drive down JUST for the group pictures

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting on a friend of mine to signal me on whether or not he'll make it. If he can't go, I won't be going. Last year's Con was fun, but good god was it lonely being there by myself.

As for the potential RPF meet up, has anything been discussed or decided? If it hasn't, I have one tiny suggestion.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back