Does ISS authenticate screen used props?

soumakis

Have any of you called ISS to authenticate your screen used props before, if your items have an ISS serial number written or engraved on the item? If so, who would the point of contact be to speak to? Thanks!

Mr Castillo I'm disappointed, being a Star Trek prop fan surely you must know it stands for Independent Studio Services, it's a prop rental company who have supplied pieces for film and Television in the US for years.
You can find their site here Independent Studio Services

Nope, did not know that. Thanks for the info, I learn something new every day :D

PS - My dad is Mr. Castillo (also Alan - god bless his egocentric heart :lol)

I'm just Alan :)

( ... or according to Michael Bergeron, the old fart who can't spell :lol )

Perhaps we should call you Junior?!
It worked for Dr Henry Jones and his son despite his son's protest and preferred use of the moniker Indiana ;)

I haven't tried, but it can't do any harm to drop them an e-mail.

What are you trying authenticate?

Great, thanks! I have a couple of pieces that I purchased from private collectors, from different films, but all have "ISS" and serial numbers on them (I'm assuming these are actually inventory numbers). I'm a little unfamiliar with how ISS provides their props to studios. Are they rented out and supposed to be returned after production, or are they purchased by the studio and kept by them? This is why I wanted to know if any collectors here have contacted them before, in the event a couple of these pieces were leaked out and is considered to be missing inventory and they ask for it back and refusing to assist with authentication.

I think they would also sell props to the studios. Any rental agreements between ISS and the studio would be just that, a rental agreement and the items/props would need to be returned by a pre-determined date.

I think they would also sell props to the studios. Any rental agreements between ISS and the studio would be just that, a rental agreement and the items/props would need to be returned by a pre-determined date.

Thanks again. Wouldn't this create a possibly awkward situation to contact them, where you're trying to authenticate the item but find out instead that it might still be property of theirs? Do they in fact have a right to request that you send it back to them?

Thanks again. Wouldn't this create a possibly awkward situation to contact them, where you're trying to authenticate the item but find out instead that it might still be property of theirs? Do they in fact have a right to request that you send it back to them?

Yes they have the right to say it was stolen.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back