Landspeeder full size, 3d printed!

IMG_8269.JPG

What kind of drivetrain?

No drivetrain as it's destined for static display in an exhibition

This is one hell of a build and the progress is awesome!.. I do hope it fits out the doors to your shop :)

I have thought seriously about this...fingers are crossed

"Are you going to do a run of these?"
Nice job.

Actually the printing is not too onerous...it's the fibreglassing that's the killer

Here are some photos I took at the traveling exhibit "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination" several years ago. I didn't get to take many pics of the Landspeeder, but hopefully these few can be of some help. As far as I know, this was a screen-used prop.

DSC_5698cropped.jpg DSC_5698.JPG DSC_5701cropped.jpg DSC_5700.JPG DSC_5171.JPG DSC_5169.JPG

Fiberglass is nasty stuff. I do have some photos from one of the SW exhibits, if you need reference material.

That would be cool...every little helps SPY007 :) Thanks

Here are some photos I took at the traveling exhibit "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination" several years ago. I didn't get to take many pics of the Landspeeder, but hopefully these few can be of some help. As far as I know, this was a screen-used prop.

View attachment 808110 View attachment 808111 View attachment 808112 View attachment 808113 View attachment 808114 View attachment 808115

Awesome Rymo!

Interesting pics Rymo. They seem to have replaced the steering yoke with a steering wheel...
View attachment 808406

Yeah that's right sw63...there were definitely at least 2 speeders made so maybe they had different steering wheels. There are certainly other small changes between screen used vehicles

Does anyone realise that you actually see both landspeeders in ANH. I just noticed while looking for screen grabs. When u see the overhead shot of them en route to Mos Eisley before all the silly digital creature add-ons. Not sure if the second speeder was added too, or was in the original, but they pass inches apart, on the way to the Cantina

That would be cool...every little helps SPY007 :) Thanks

Awesome Rymo!

Yeah that's right sw63...there were definitely at least 2 speeders made so maybe they had different steering wheels. There are certainly other small changes between screen used vehicles

Does anyone realise that you actually see both landspeeders in ANH. I just noticed while looking for screen grabs. When u see the overhead shot of them en route to Mos Eisley before all the silly digital creature add-ons. Not sure if the second speeder was added too, or was in the original, but they pass inches apart, on the way to the Cantina
Good catch. I just looked for the extra speeder and it looks like the whole shot is digital. It is right after the shot from behind entering Mos-Eisley, in the special edition. In the original it cuts directly to Mos-Eisley.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lotta familiar greeblies in there but WOW, I never knew there was an ESB circuit card on the Landspeeder's dashboard! And so much more of it!

Also this build thread is incredible :D:thumbsup !

View attachment 808111

Lotta familiar greeblies in there but WOW, I never knew there was an ESB circuit card on the Landspeeder's dashboard! And so much more of it!

Also this build thread is incredible :D:thumbsup !
Looks like the Hawker Tomtit engine greeblie that was used on Jan Solo's blaster is there too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So, after 2 weeks solid, of filling and sanding, I've used about 7 large tins of Bondo and have the aching traps to prove it...But, the body shell is finally finished and ready for painting...(although there's a bit to do below the grille) The real killer was the nacelles and the insteps...both really awkward concave shapes to sand smooth.

oW6meyPm.jpg
2Tft3uLm.jpg
MSRVuJ4m.jpg

8d8QefZm.jpg
FTBwKRAm.jpg

I've also finished the bonnet greeblie section...mostly modelled from ref pix and resin printed

Avipebkm.jpg

And the tail greeblie box, which is all electrical components

qRA1Kcsm.jpg

Next up is routing out the panel lines and sorting out the front dent and other topical damage. Ironic that you spend ages getting a perfect surface just to mess it up again!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back